New year TODO

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

New year TODO

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:45 pm

Let me know if this sounds reasonable, but I'm trying to change gears to get us prepared for GenCon:

1. Playtesting. We need to keep doing this as often as we can and try to get a variety of people.

2. Heroes. I think we've settled on NOT implementing hero abilities in the base set. Therefore, I think we need to pick six heroes, assign them directly to the gods (because if they are all functionally identical, there's no sense in making people pick). Then we can pick a favored terrain for each hero to match their god and color code their boards to match as well.

3. Prototype. We need to talk about what sort of prototype (s) we want to take with us. We can arts-and-crafts some cool stuff together, but maybe we get some pro stuff ordered in time. Additionally, we look to see if there's some consistent artwork we can get together--at least for the hero portraits. At the very least for artwork, we should make sure that everything is free for reuse with modification.

4. Pitch. We need to have our pitch ready. I've been watching videos on pitching board games, and I'll put the details in a separate post, but we basically need to have the 30 second elevator pitch followed by three minutes (ish) of what Godball is and why it is special. I don't think this part will take us long.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New year TODO

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:27 pm

Seems reasonable to me!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:33 pm

good chance that I'll get multiple opportunities to playtest in the next couple of months. I'm hoping to introduce the game this Saturday night to my ASL game night crew. I'll try to take as many notes as I can.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:39 pm

Yay!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Godball”