[GB] Hera v. Athena 2019-01-20

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

[GB] Hera v. Athena 2019-01-20

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 am

Before I forget, here's a copy of what I sent Eliahad last night:

Played a 1 on 1 game with Noah just now. Athena vs Hera. Noah LOVES Hera. It was a good match. Noah calls Athena the Hera-killer, but it went both ways as we kept canceling and spoiling each other's plans. He beat me 1 to 0. And I was not going easy on him. Awesome game.

He was super-excited. Absorbed all the new rules easily. We had the old cards, but played all the new rules. We didn't use many of them... he found a use for Drop once.

He rode the shit out of the peacock chariot. And the pivotal moment of the game was the Throw 5 Hexes card: He scored, I grabbed the ball and made a break for it. He hit me with 5-hexes so I pitched it as close to my own goal as possible and chased after it. He then played Move unattended Godball to Olympus (where he was), and with only 2 rounds left, I couldn't get my hands on it again.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [GB] Hera v. Athena 2019-01-20

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:02 am

Na na na you can't touch this. Is the vibe I'm getting from this.

And how did you feel about 5 hex throw curse as a game mechanic?
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:15 am

Mike! I forgot to ask, how did you enjoy Athena? She plays very differently from Zeus, I think, so I am wondering if you could feel that difference and if it worked for you?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:35 pm

Athena is just loaded with blessings. She is very different from Zeus. Hera was slapping her with curse after curse, and so Athena had the ability to overcome. Even though I still lost, Hera and Athena were very evenly matched. Zeus, in contrast, I think would have just powered through. He'd peel off curses when he could, but otherwise he'd have just muscled through and use whichever strengths weren't crippled at any given moment.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:51 pm

Cool! That sounds about the way it should, I think. Do you think Zeus would have just walked over either of them?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:49 pm

Return to “Godball”