[GB] Legend Discussion

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [GB] Legend Discussion

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 am

Pheebes is onto something. If you can make visual distinctions to the tokens, then you can have rules apply, depending on the size of tokens.

So, only 3 "types"
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:41 am

I think this is great, but at the moment I'm at a loss as to how to write the rules for this. Not from a "these things do this" standpoint, but from a structure stand point.

It might be as simple as including some of this in the components section, which clearly needs pictures and it's own pages at this point.

So:

Godball = Objects
Beasts = Heroes (in which case Galatea is back and we need a new name for Beasts)
Monuments = Terrain
Pillars of Heaven are special, but also look special.

The base operating rules for each of these things are the same.

Godball/Object = Can only have one at a time, can be thrown and kicked.

Beasts/heroes = have actions of some kind. Can only have one in a hex.

Monuments/Terrain = affect the cost of their hex and can be created, moved and removed with god powers. Monuments have other special powers.

Is it really as easy as that?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:05 am

Yes. Like that.

And I don't think Galatea has to be back, but maybe we rename beasts again for that possibility?

I don't want to give legends AP.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:24 am

"Place Galatea in target hex. On this turn Galatea make take 2 basic actions (except rest). At the end of your turn, Galatea becomes a statue, occupying the hex like a pillar of heaven. She may be destroyed by the creation or movement of terrain."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Beast attempts:

Flock of Sheep - Beast - Place a sheep token in any unoccupied hex. Hermes may, on his turn, move the sheep 1 hex in any direction. If the sheep control the godball, it moves with the sheep. Can be targeted by actions: Shove action - move the sheep 1 hex to any unoccupied adjacent hex. Pummel - does nothing. Force fumble - if the sheep control the Godball, the initiator of the action immediately takes control of the Godball.

Marathonian Bull - Beast - Place a bull token in any unoccupied hex. Hera may, on her turn, move the bull 1 hex in any direction. If the bull moves into an occupied hex, the bull shoves the hero or beast 1 hex away in the direction of travel. A hero is also knocked down after being shoved. (No defense may be taken) Any hero may shove the bull on their turn. If the Godball is in a hex with the Godball, any force fumble action will take immediate control of the Godball. If the bull leaves a hex with the Godball, the Godball is left behind.

Arachne - Beast - Place Arachne in any unoccupied hex. On Athena's subsequent turns, she may choose to move Arachne 1 hex in any direction and place a web token in the vacated hex. Arachne may also be shoved, leaving a web behind. If all 4 web tokens are on the board, then Athena no longer moves Arachne, but she can still be shoved. A web token adds +1AP to the hex cost of its hex. Webs are objects, but cannot be affected by actions.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:00 am

Cards that would be good candidates for turning into objects.

The Head of Medusa - can you imagine this getting kicked around and wreaking havoc? Because I can.

Zeus's Lightning Bolts.

Poseidon's Trident.

Rod of Cadecus. (Pretty sure I spelled that wrong)

Golden Fleece.

And Aphrodite already has the Golden Apple.

Return to “Godball”