[GB] Hera v AP v AT v Herm 1-29-19

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[GB] Hera v AP v AT v Herm 1-29-19

Postby Eliahad » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 am

That was a great game. Mrs. Darcs jumped back into a game after not playing for a little over a year, and said she had fun. Flame had one of the most epic combinations yet. Mike missed an opportunity to throw a HERO holding the Godball into a goal to score. His son didn't, though. I managed to make a bull knockdown 2 heroes.

Short story: The rule changes that were implemented make a big difference. And they, very subtly, change the way the game is played. For the better.

I had one moment where the system detracted from the experience for me. But I have all these caveats:

One, I bore the brunt of this particular exchange. Two, Flame did some clever play to get in position and I don't want to take away from that. Three, I don't want this to be taken as 'sore loser' because BOY did I lose. Gladly.

Here it is: When I got double reaction-ed by Aphrodite on Round 5, I felt like I got hosed by the random number generator. Flame /did/ make a clever play to get into position to make the interception reaction work. And it's not his fault I played an irresistible blessing. But I my Plan A got taken away...and then my Plan B...in the span of 2 actions by the same player. In a 1 on 1 game this is expected. In a 4-way game it felt a little more devastating.

I DO NOT want to change the rule yet. I just wanted to call attention to the feeling I had. (I think the fix to this feeling is that Reaction cards have the same limit as reaction actions. You can play a reaction card once per turn. Done.)
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Re: [GB] Hera v AP v AT v Herm 1-29-19

Postby Eliahad » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Actually, I totally want to change the rule. I lied.

It took away from the experience. I only ever want one player to limit my options, not take them all away. It should take 2 different players for that to happen.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Streamline:

Only one reaction may be played per turn per god. (Not round)

Logic: if yer reacting to something, you're too busy to react to something else.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:33 pm

On other hand, flaunting powers like this should mean a severe beatdown from all gods.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:37 pm

Nope. Didn't hurt me. I'm not wasting power on revenge for someone else.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:06 pm

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:21 pm

Other idea:

Instead of cancelling a GP, ask god to use a different GP. Current god may retain or discard the card hit by reaction.

Clue in ancient Greece.

Return to “Godball”