[GB] 2019-02-03 Hera, Athena, Zeus, Poseidon

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

[GB] 2019-02-03 Hera, Athena, Zeus, Poseidon

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Me, Elijah, Noah, Zachary. Still using my old set, so Poseidon was more than a little broke. 2 hour game. Long learning curve.

Blessings and curses are NOT intuitive. People keep wanting to play the cards directly. I think these cards need added text so that all blessings and curses open with: "Play this card to target hero's board."

Because of Poseidon, we had tons of terrain out, and people moved through it a lot, and no one ever had AP.

May just be the players, but the ball went far afield many times, and I often heard, "well, there's nothing i can do" from Eli and Zach. They won though (Zeus and Athena) 2:2:1:1.

The game felt crowded and slow, but I think that's only because the new players took so long to figure stuff out. Everyone reported having a great time by the end.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [GB] 2019-02-03 Hera, Athena, Zeus, Poseidon

Postby Eliahad » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:36 pm

Okay, so my first response was dejected and frustrated. So let's take note of things and have more playtests!!!! Because I want everyone to have an amazing experience and if it felt slow and like people couldn't do things, then we need to pay attention to that.

Poseidon, I think, hasn't changed all that much since the new version. Mike, it might be time to scrap him completely and let you take a shot at building him up from the beginning using all the things you learned from making that Artemis set. I need to walk away from him for a little bit, because the changes I've made haven't helped.

That said, we probably shouldn't change anything yet until we can play with the new set. Really, we shouldn't change anything for a while and make sure that's an isolated incident. We need more data!

Blessings and curses being non-intuitive is a prevalent condition, I'm afraid. I think your fix is a good one. Or having a COMPLETELY different graphic for them, that makes it obvious that they are not like other cards.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:04 pm

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:50 am

Icongraphy, can show where on hero board a card could go.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:31 am

Another thought: the biggest impact of terrains is that it affects rest. That's probably why people are constantly out of AP.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:27 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:52 am

I'm pretty sure my dejectedness and frustration stemmed from outside sources and it just bubbled over into the game, so I apologize for that. Um...I have thoughts about changing the card design for just the blessings and curses, but English is failing me and the cat is having a hairball. I will try again later.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:38 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:50 am

You're right.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:12 am

Done.

Return to “Godball”