[GB] 1.5 Rules

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

[GB] 1.5 Rules

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:14 am

1. Controlled/uncontrolled. I keep wanting to change this to carried, because it's more intuitive, but uncarried doesn't sound right. Carried/loose? Eh. I'm ambivalent.

2. We can have more than one object in a hex now. Presumably, a hero has the option of carrying one object while another is uncontrolled in the same hex. This leads to:
2a. If you have nothing on you, can you choose to enter a hex with an object and NOT pick it up? Can you choose to not pick up the godball?
2b. So... can you drop an object in your own hex? Cuz I don't like that at all.
2c. If I am carrying a sheep and I enter a hex with the godball, I can choose to hold onto my sheep, leaving the godball uncontrolled in my hex. Can someone force fumble on me to get the ball? If not, how can they take the ball from my hex?
2d. Furthermore, what about cards that target "a hex with an uncontrolled Godball"? Is this going to screw those up, because some of them rely on the fact that there's no hero in the target hex?

Nevermind, I think I solved all of the #2 issues:

A hero controls all object in their own hex. They may choose to throw or drop any object they control.

A hero may only carry 1 object with them when they move. All other object are left behind.

3. Do we need another term for Move? Heroes move through move, sprint, getting shoved, god powers, and it feels awkward to talk about moving in general when there is a specific game-rules meaning for the word "move". Run and sprint? Dash and sprint? Mosey and sprint? I don't know.

4. Let's make fumble the official term for forcing a person to drop something. It's always been in the hero action, and now I like the way Dave's written it into the rules as a general term. Now we have to put it on the cards as well.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [GB] 1.5 Rules

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:37 am

1. I just realized my suggested fix for #2 makes #1 moot. It should remain as controlled/uncontrolled.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:22 am

5. Yes, Godball rules and Object rules should be combined.

6. I agree with all of your comments on the document itself. (Some are imported from Office and don't allow direct reply).

7. Let's simplify seed terrain: Each god, as part of the refresh phase of their first turn ONLY, may choose 1 terrain to place on the board. The hex they choose must be free of all tokens and cannot be Mt. Olympus or the goal area of any god.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:16 am

Objects and moving terrain? Pushed or destroyed?

How about: Controlled objects are pushed with the controlling hero. Uncontrolled objects are destroyed.

Maybe?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:30 am

Can beast tokens take actions against other beast tokens? I say yes.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:49 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:56 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:57 pm

(Can you tell I was free thinking that? Was it too obvious?)

Return to “Godball”