[GB] Current Art Needs

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[GB] Current Art Needs

Postby Eliahad » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:18 pm

Tokens: Head of Medusa
Rod of Caduceus
Single Sheep
Lightning Bolt

Hero Boards: adjust text - Done

Card Backs

New God Icons?
Last edited by Eliahad on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Re: [GB] Current Art Needs

Postby Eliahad » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:14 pm

Mike!

The new updated hero boards are in the art Godball folder. They are updated to match the current rule-set as well as a couple of cosmetic changes (nothing major).
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Hexagon terrains. The idea being, terrain surfing, all you gotta do is move terrain itself with everything on the top.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:05 pm

I think I understand what you mean. A tile that fills the entire hex?

Currently the circular large tokens are designed to do essentially that, but having hex tiles that could fit side to side could also be cool.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Yep, entire hex. Only one terrain, right?
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Yes!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:06 pm

I spoke briefly with Stephanie the artist. She actually listens to NPR already, and she's excited to do stuff for us. I talked about getting a logo (that hopefully incorporates a Godball, so we have a ball image) plus doing 6 heroes. I have her email. I told her I would send more specifics about what we need. She is moving, but said she could give us rough sketches in a couple weeks to make sure we're on the same page.

So what do we want?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:53 am

Initial Brainstorm

Logo - The word Godball, with our 'ball' art in place of the 'o' in Godball. I'm thinking either the soccer ball panel with the globe that you have on it (but with Europe in front, maybe?) Or the same stitching they use on volleyballs these days, but a little more 'rustic' looking. The font should be a little uneven.

Box Art - I see the gods pushing and shoving each other while looking through the viewing pool on Mt. Olympus. Meanwhile two heroes are fighting for the ball, while one is zapped by lightning and the other is diving out of the way. Leave room at the top center for the logo.

Heroes - Heads: Either totally anachronistic, old school leatherhead helmets, or spartan helms. I don't want them to fit entirely properly, unless the personality of a character seems to dictate that they should. (Helen shouldn't have one, for example, but her hair should be PERFECT. Perseus on the other hand, might have his at a jaunty angle.)

Faces: I was digging her anime/chibi art style, I think we should go in that direction. I'm thinking this is supposed to be comical/cartoonish.

Clothing: Togas, but not just togas, togas with numbers on the back (if we see the back.) And sport togas. Maybe with a little 'Godball' logo on the left breast/shoulder, and the same number on the right hand side. If we can have it look like jersey instead of bedsheet, even better.

Accessories: Yes, whatever seems appropriate.

Shin Guards and Soccer Cleats: I want them to be wearing modern shin guards and soccer cleats, as dictated by the Godball Council of Ithaca (ca. 1741 BC)

God Logos - If it is easy to do so, get an icon for each god. Something to put on the card backs. Oh, and a card back that we can use for all of the card backs, while we just switch out the logo.

Tokens - I like the art we have in place, but if you're worried about the copyright/not-copyright, then tokens that match the cartoon style of the heroes would be cool.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:22 am

I'm not worried about copyright on anything except our logo. I want a logo and an actual Godball that belongs to us. I also want the heroes so that they'll be in a consistent style that brings the game together thematically. The other parts are less important.

The rest of that seems pretty close to my own thoughts. I like your box-art idea.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Godball”