[GB] While I was sleeping

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

[GB] While I was sleeping

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:47 am

I dreamed about Godball all night last night. As a result, I woke up with the following revelations at 3am:

1. Every time I think about expansions, I always imagine a god with a hero--a deck and some tokens. I forgot the hero board! Hero boards make expansions awkward, because a 10x5 hero board is awkward to package with a deck of cards. Plus, other than the hero's name, pic, and favored terrain, hero boards are completely identical.

Solutions:
A. Don't package heroes with gods. I don't like that, but it would solve the problem.

B. Folding boards? A 5x5 board is way less obtrusive.

C. Don't make any more hero boards. You don't need more than 6 for any game, so future heroes can come with a chipboard nameplate (name, pic, terrain) that you place on an existing hero board to make it yours.

I'm heavily leaning to option C.

2. We need a line in the rules that says, discarded cards go to the discard pile of the god that owns that card. That seems obvious to me, but if Athena has a Hera card on her board that she gets rid of, but also later has a card that let's her dig through her discard pile, she may want to keep that Hera discard in her own stack. She can't.

3. And while we're at it, I need to make a diagram of the "standard" placement of items on the table, showing where the draw and discard piles are.

4. If we use the chipboard standee heroes, how do we show knockdown? Just lay them on their side, right? So they can't be more than 1.5 inches tall. I think that works. The sample figure I put in the spec doc was .75 in wide by 1.68 in tall. So shaving a little off the top of that still looks proportional.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [GB] While I was sleeping

Postby Eliahad » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:00 am

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “Godball”