[GB] New Print and Play

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[GB] New Print and Play

Postby Eliahad » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:22 pm

.... Is so close. Soooooo close. Mike has done some amazing stuff.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Re: [GB] New Print and Play

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:45 pm

The new print and play is functional as is. However there are a couple things that can be cleaned up to increase its usability. This is a to do list:

1. Add page numbers to the rulebook. We don't know why they aren't there, but they aren't.
2. Clarify the rules for incarnations. Again, functional as is, but we can simplify their use. An incarnation is a non-player hero. It can be affected by actions and powers that affect heroes. Knockdown causes it to be flipped. The second time it is knocked down it is removed from the game.
3. Change the pillar of heaven colors so that each matches one of the colors of the hero board. The color pillar that matches your hero board goes in front of the goal you are heading for, your hero starts at the shrine opposite this goal.
4. Put page numbers on the glossary and reference card that points to where the rule is in the game. Also make sure that the formatting of the print and play is not affected when it changes file format.
5. Language for one of the slots of the hero board needs to be clarified, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember what it is right now. This will remind me to look.

In addition, rules questions will come up, and while we are not changing the rules beyond clarification before GenCon, we should list the concerns playtesters have.

1. When an object is thrown, some testers feel that you should be able to 'defend' because a hero action is causing that to happen. (Otherwise we need to make it more clear this is not the case.) Defend might need to be worded: Cancel attack action made against you.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Here's the folder for the Print & Play materials.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

One doc has all the cards. The other has the rules plus all the pieces (map, boards, tokens).

Print them out on cardstock and go to town.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:37 am

Printed! Hoping to cut it out in time for game night for playtest
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:58 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:09 pm

50 bucks to print it out on nice paper stock so it can withstand multiple sessions.

So yeah. Could have shopped a bit, but I suspect that we should be able to get two games in this Friday. 3 player games.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:29 pm

And now the nerves kick in.

Also, if that happens, Friday will be the record for most games of Godball played in a single day. Even if you play 1 game, it will still set the record. (Because I'm playing one, too.) Now if Mike can just get in on the action.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Looks like the game will be played Saturday night, sorry, E.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:01 am

Just have to wait for GenCon, I guess.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:21 am

Game went great!

5-4-1 was the final score. Zeus got 4 points just before round 5, and spent the most time being a bastard running down the clock.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 am

Woo!

Already asked you about the Lion.

Did any other cards feel too powerful? (Knowing that circumstances play a huge factor.)

Did Athena feel like she needed more of something? (For example, most of her cards are gift based. She might need another restore AP card to make her more effective in using her gifts.)

Did Poseidon's player have a favorite card or card that they enjoyed playing?

Other than the incarnations, were there cards that didn't make sense or needed a lot of judgment calls from the players?

Return to “Godball”