[GB] Sell Sheet - looking for comments

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[GB] Sell Sheet - looking for comments

Postby Eliahad » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:55 pm

For the honor of their god… Mighty heroes perform epic feats on the field of sport.
For the glory of victory… their gods cheat like heck.

Using their limited action points, the mortal heroes race for the Godball, moving, sprinting, shoving, pummeling, kicking, throwing their way across the board.

From their hand of cards, gods unleash their powers to tilt the game in their hero’s favor:
Gifts are given to heroes, changing their available actions.

Mountains, oceans and forests spring up, creating obstacles and tools that can be used to thwart your opponents, or help guide the ball into your goal.

Miracles, like lightning bolts, or a mighty wind, directly affect the heroes and terrain in play.
Objects holding special powers can be used as tools by the heroes.

The hero and god with the highest score at the end of 12 rounds of play wins the game.
Incarnations like Galatea and the Nemean Lion are deployed to help their heroes.

Players take on the role of both hero AND god.

With 6 unique and powerful decks based on the deities’ personality.

Hero boards lay out the hero actions for easy reference. Slots on the board can hold gifts, changing the actions available to the hero.

Every element on the board can be used to push the ball closer to your goal or pull your opponents away from theirs.

Multiple methods of expansion:

Additional Gods from different Pantheons. (The other 6 Greek Gods, Egyptian, Norse, African)

A Hades deck with events that affect the field of play every round.

Hero updates: with new hero tokens, and special cards that give each hero unique powers.

The ability to re-skin the game with different themes: Superheroes, Robots, Sorcerers, Strange and Bizarre Animal Trainers.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [GB] Sell Sheet Potential Bullet Points

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Great start!

I found , which includes:

1. This upper portion is actually my favorite part of the sheet. It displays the game’s logo and some art which I feel evokes the theme well.

2. I consolidated most of the important information (game duration, players, age group) right here in logos similar to those found on game boxes.

3. One sentence hook – I tried to boil down everything into the game into this one sentence/subtitle.

4. Premise – this is a paragraph that gives a quick description and overview of the game.

5. Selling Points – this is the list of features / highlights etc. which distinguish the game. I revised this portion a lot based on feedback (see below).

6. Picture of your game / prototype. I actually wish I had time to take a more professional photograph for this part, but I was under a time constraint. Needless to say the picture isn’t the strongest, but this is an essential element that everyone should include.

7. Components – I simplified this down based on some nice feedback as well, but including a short bulleted list of what comes in the box is helpful for retailers, publishers and players alike.

8. Contact information – Don’t forget your contact information!

[9? Another site also suggested a sample of 1 round of gameplay]

Also these sites with samples of board game sell sheets, good, bad, and mediocre, plus more instructions and more links.

http://www.leagueofgamemakers.com/sell- ... gners-101/

https://inspirationtopublication.wordpr ... es-sheets/
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [GB] Sell Sheet Potential Bullet Points

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Also, just for Dave, I started a sell sheet notes doc with a lot of this put in.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [GB] Sell Sheet - looking for comments

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:14 am

A board game sell sheet is a one page summary of your game intended for publishers to literally sell them on your game. Here's my first quick mock-up of a sell sheet based on the above notes:

I'm looking for critique. I currently think it's too wordy, so I'm looking to tighten it all up and make it... "punchier?" I guess. I'd also like to work in more about mechanics, maybe through a description of a round of gameplay.

Pegasus is just there to even out my columns. I imagine in the final version, he'll sit beside the component list, but I have a fair amount of room to space things out and pretty it up in the final version.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:41 am

Punchier might be hard, but I'll poke at simplifying later.

Let's not call our hero mat mechanic 'unique.' It's a pet peeve of mine when I see it anywhere that people are selling things. It most likely a) isn't, and b) doesn't matter if it is or not. I'm a firm believer in something standing on its own merits and letting someone else make that call. Apparently I feel pretty strongly about this.

THAT SAID, Unique is okay when describing the 6 god decks. Each deck is unique IN THIS GAME, and that's a different use.

I love Calypso and Perseus hanging out by the logo. That's cool.

I like the format for the component list, condensing tokens into broader categories is good. It also makes it look like our game is smaller than expected.
Though, we do need to add the '48 action point tokens.'
Call "summoned creatures," Incarnation tokens. It can still be summoned incarnations, though, if you want.

Also, separate out "The Godball" into its own token, as it is the object of the game.

(Also, including Pillars of Heaven, there are 41 terrain + special terrain tokens.)
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:47 am

"Rapidly dwindling action points" is a GREAT phrase. That's staying.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:01 am

Damn. I DO NOT know what components go into our game. I was just proud of myself for remembering the hero boards.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:05 am

Return to “Godball”