2020 1st revision

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

2020 1st revision

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:28 am

Based on our playtest last night, which Dave has talked about, I want to track the changes for this next version so we know what we're looking for when we proof the cards and rules.

1. No hero powers.
2. AP are eliminated. Instead, every hero gets 3 action tokens (AP)* per round. Hero actions on the hero boards still function exactly as they always have except they now cost action tokens instead of AP. They start their own turn with 3 actions available to them. If they use all 3 on their own turn, they will have no actions available for defense on other people's turns.**

*Terminology: We say we get "3 actions per round" but then we talk about hero actions costing X number of actions. Too much use of the word action here. We need to make "hero actions" very distinct from "action tokens" so that we can have a convenient one word label for each, and not have to talk about one action costing two actions. For now I think we can stick with calling the action tokens 'AP' so the terminology doesn't change, but I don't know if I like AP anymore. We'll see.

**We should probably have everyone start with 1 AP available in case someone plays a GP that is defensible.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: 2020 1st revision

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:30 am

Huh. Thought there'd be more than that. Were there any other post-GenCon revisions we wanted to roll back here?

For sure we need to figure out something for Hermes, because I don't know that having grass as favored terrain is ever going to balance in a 3 person game.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:32 am

Yeah, I didn't need to make a new thread, now that I reread everything. But TOO LATE! I'm sticking with it.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:28 pm

Thought: By using action chips, we change the thematic narrative slightly. Now the player really is just a God, and they are spending their godly power to make their hero do the things they want. It might make some things easier to explain, though I'm mixed on how I feel about it.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:48 am

Thought: We could just give Hermes "Field Terrain" that's different than "Astral-Turf!tm"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Dumb question- I know after the last GenCon y'all were thinking about getting rid of the hero board and just going to cards. Is that still the plan?
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:47 pm

It may have been a plan at one point, but it is no longer the plan. We've instead implemented a more robust reaction ability...while somehow also making the reaction ability simpler than what was already there. The best way to get to that info is here: where are lot of the information is hanging out.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:35 pm

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:49 pm

It definitely got overhauled. Defend is now gone, but replaced with something more interesting, I think. Intercept is also gone, for similar reasons. Funny how things changed so much.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:23 pm

Yup! It's now called Godball: The Reckoning and it's a worker placement engine builder set in a post-apocalyptic future where different human factions are both working at world domination and subverting the control of The Godball, the omni present AI that requires an ever increasing amount of resources in tribute for its robot minions. The twist is that the factions are all secret and one is secretly working for the Godball to keep the humans subjugated.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:24 pm

I kid, of course, but that game sounds kind of badass...

Return to “Godball”