Overheard

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Overheard

Postby Elle » Mon May 02, 2016 10:36 pm

Jim: [having stolen his big sister's small stuffed tiger] This tiger is now called three pee oh.
Me: Yeah... uh, wait, what?!
Jim: It is sister's favorite [true]. C 3 P O.
Me: Okay, good. But what does that have to do with a tiger?
Jim: You can be R2D2. He is one of the good guys.
Me: Guess what? I already am. And by the way, R2D2 is the reason anything good happens for the good guys in that show, you know? Every time, it's R2D2 who saves the day. And by the way, R2 is a girl.
Jim: beep... beep... computing... YES! He is a girl.
Me: Yes, she is.
Jim: He is one of the good guys and saves the day. You may insert yourself into her program now.
Me: I don't need to do that; I'm already her.
Jim: No. You must insert yourself into the program. Open it and click on this area. I will do it for you. Click, click, beep... you are now in the R2 program.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Re: Overheard

Postby Cazmonster » Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 am

The world is a weird place. I'm happy it's still weird.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 03, 2016 9:51 am

Yes, yes. Jolly good... I find these anecdotes quite amusing, however... point of order: are they technically "overheard" if you were an active participant in the conversation?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 03, 2016 9:55 am

Overheard in my house just this morning...

Aidan: You know who's the worst movie writer in history?

Noah: Adam Sandler?

Aidan: Okay, you know who's the second worst movie writer in history?
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue May 03, 2016 1:39 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Hey, I'm just proud that my ten year old came up with Adam Sandler in response to that question.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue May 03, 2016 9:30 pm

Joss Whedon?
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Yes. That was the actual answer. You know my children well.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue May 31, 2016 12:30 am

He: the (cooked) carrot tastes so gross.
Me: but you like carrots. Isn't it kind of good?
He: it tastes kind of good but also gross.
Me: then just eat the good tasting part.
He: (PAUSE)
He: I can't.
Me: why not?
He: because the good part and the gross part BLEND!!!
Me: huh. (Attempts to remain inscrutable.)
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Chilling in the car with Jim. Not really thinking about anything or listening attentively to what was on the radio.

Jim: I'm pretty sure that if I was lost in the desert for a long time I would always remember my name.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Chloe, while eating a late night snack of ramen noodles: "This is even better than a brownie!"

:horrified:

Chloe explaining to Buffy why she and Jim keep saying Wakka Wakka. Not Bert on Sesame Street. "Jim loves Shakira now."

Jim: "NO! I AM Shakira now!"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:03 pm

"Some kind of deal needs worked out with feminism with respect to smacking that ass. How can we make that okay again, in a respectful feminist way?"

Return to “Nerd Babble”