Ask Phil!

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phil Connors
Infrared Drone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ask Phil!

Postby Phil Connors » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:12 am

Hello everyone! I'm new here, but Mike asked me come by and serve as the new advice columnist for Nerd Pride Radio. Mike and I are old friends (more than he even knows) and I thought, "That sounds great! What else do I have going on right now?" So here I am.

A little bit about me. My name is Phil Connors. I'm currently single, but have been married once before. No kids, but I've had "foster kids" that I've essentially raised as my own flesh and blood. Professionally speaking, I have a background in journalism and meteorology. I've kicked around local stations, mostly in the Northeast, serving as a weatherman-- first mornings, then featured evenings (I won't bore you with the details of local news office politics). I've also dabbled in on-camera reporting at various stations.

I guess the reason Mike thought I'd be good as an advice columnist is that I'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades. You name it, I've probably done it at some point in my life. Pianist? Check. Professional chef? Check. Fluent in Esperanto? Check (and many other languages that aren't dead). Relationships? Check- both long term and... less committal. Jeopardy champion? Not officially, but unofficially? Check. In short, I have a lot of life experience and bring a lot to the table when it comes to advice.

So have at it! What questions do you have for me? What can Phil Connors help you with?
Pdyx
Pastry Artisan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ask Phil!

Postby Pdyx » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:17 am

What should I do when I want someone to stop telling me about a pick-em contest?
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:20 am

Is it ethical to seduce someone while you're stuck in a time loop of which they are unaware?
Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:47 am

Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:02 am

I'm a fan of the film Heidi, but I had never heard of the film Heidi 2 until I saw that it was playing at the Alpine. Is it a sequel to the Shirley Temple film? Can you give me a plot summary?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:24 am

Someone killed my dog. What should I do?
Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:33 am

Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:54 am

Pdyx
Pastry Artisan

Postby Pdyx » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:01 pm

What should I do when I want someone to stop trying to tell me a Knock Knock joke I don't want to hear?
Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:18 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Hey Phil, long time listener first time caller, I feel like my body is going through changes that are scary and hard to understand. Any advice?
Pdyx
Pastry Artisan

Postby Pdyx » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Pdyx
Pastry Artisan

Postby Pdyx » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:43 pm

buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Hey Phil - thinking about getting a place in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania with my fiancee. Do you have any thoughts on living in the area? If so, any idea on whether we should rent or buy? Thanks.
Phil Connors
Infrared Drone

Postby Phil Connors » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:25 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:45 am

What do you do with if you’re stuck in an infinite time loop, and keep repeating the same damn day, over and over again?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Nerd Babble”