What's YOUR problem?

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's YOUR problem?

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Struggling. I don't know what I am permitted to do, or should do, when confronted with people who will not leave me alone while not wearing a mask. You can back away, you can tell them that you don't want to infect them by getting too close, and then comes a point where you either have to run away or... What? What do you actually do when people will not stay away from you and they don't have a mask on? Like I don't want to punch people, you know? I don't literally want to run away. ?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:08 pm

Lord, Republicans of the internet, we are not getting to herd immunity, we just aren't, and in fact nobody is. Your strategy cannot be to wait it out until we get to herd immunity because there is no goddamn such thing for this one!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am

Literally hiding in my house today so that no one else will come physically near me! Help! But soon must host relatives who just cannot keep that mask on. Incapable of it! Sometimes when you're talking, ya know, and you just need to pull it down under your chin to make sure that people hear your point, or something is so funny that you need to laugh the contents of your lungs all over the tri-state area, and the mask is an impediment.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:06 am

Feeling empty today.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:32 am

Hope things improved; or if not, technically it is now Tuesday!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:49 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:37 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:39 pm

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:05 pm

I know how you feel, though I have more bad days than good. I always feel like my friends give me really low priority. Then again I think I deserve to be given low priority.

Gotta admire the hermetically sealed perfection of the system.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:56 pm

Yes, it's like, people hate me because I am horrid, so they are probably right, and there is no hope of changing at this late date when I'm not entirely sure why I'm horrid, just That I Am.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:10 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:51 pm

Sounds about right, yeah. :cheers:
I'm basically in a 10 minute period of the day where I'm laying here in the fetal position convinced that every adult I know and love including myself is dying of cancer. Let's assume that none of us are. At the moment that seems unbelievable but let's just try to assume so we can go to sleep.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:35 pm

Hearing news about a person i wish I’d never met is bad. Very bad.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:24 am

Seems true! Well, be happy for me at least because I have emerged from the fetal position with cancer worries mainly reduced to queasy suspicions for one person, while another person is doing much better, and for myself deciding to rest upon the doctor's nonchalance in a manner unlike myself. What the heck, why not? I found my sweatpant-shorts and the good socks (same color even!) and the years of working out have made me capable of lifting old people straight from their beds like a power clean! :tafkap:
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:06 am

That is good. I hope it lasts a really long time.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:32 pm

I think the cancer fears for one person qualify as a kind of OCD related fear, with different unfortunate compulsions in response, but luckily one compulsion is to wash the dishes as if the action cures nascent cancers. So hey, one point for me. Also have developed a really weird OCD fear that I am secretly a white supremacist without wanting to be one. OCD does not obey the dictates of reason; it's not the kind of thing that reason talks you out of, alas.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:12 am

My problems today
Kid is at Ga Tech and I miss her so much
Cried so much my eyelids are raw
Now I have 10 fire ant bites on my foot
My foot was numb and I did not know I was in fire ants
Why is my foot numb
the ant bites have turned into blisters
the blisters now have blood in them?
I scratched them. bad move...but they itched
i put peroxide on them then antibiotic salve
not much improvement
my foot is a little different color than the other one
my toes are slightly swollen
the blisters i left alone look angry
i haVE A TORN TENDON IN MY ARM
I HAVE TENDONOPATHY IN MY ACHILLES
sry for capslock
i am worried that I am becoming diabetic
my chest hurt in the shower
was that indigestion?

Also I hate the smell of my exhaled breath
I need to invest in breath freshener stocks

thank you...feels good to get this off my chest :? :? :? :?
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:11 am

Nothing like cinnamon gum for this moment in our national history.

I am told that if you mix up a watery solution of Epsom salts or regular table salts and Dawn detergent, and spread all over your fire ant area, they will find it a condition deeply inhospitable to living. Much as I find the mere existence of fire ants a condition deeply inhospitable to living. In my extremely limited experience on this issue I think those blistered sores are normal? And then the blister pops and you get a bloody wound. Nice. Nice little ants. Please leave us alone. I'm so glad that they're so small, and not, say, mouse sized.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:22 pm

Fire ants suck. ONE fire ant bite is very painful and itchy and annoying all by itself. But it's never just one!! It's always 7 or 12. I think the legal minimum is 3, but I've never been lucky enough to see that myself.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:54 am

Bad morning emotionally/mentally.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Babble”