Does Kyle have a secret career?

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Does Kyle have a secret career?

Postby Zen » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:37 pm

So... is Kyle working as a voice actor for anime without telling us? The anime "Bloom Into You" dub lists "Kyle Jones" as one of the "Additional Voices". (Just thought it was interesting since I know a lot of the voice acting work is out of Texas.)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Re: Does Kyle have a secret career?

Postby DMDarcs » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Kyle Jones does not have a voice acting career. He had been auditioning for high-school honors groups on trumpet. Mike knows, I've been sending him screenshots of his audition times. He's currently a freshman at Syracuse University, playing in the orchestra. Pretty good.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:53 pm

True dat.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:10 pm

What’s funny is that a lawyer I work against on a regular basis does do anime voice work occasionally because his sister does it as a full time job. Apparently it’s a bit of a cottage industry in Houston.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:27 pm

Last I knew Funimation had its offices in Texas and they are the number one anime distributor of dubbed anime in the US. They pretty much dub everything they license. Because of that, the bulk of the anime voice work is done in Texas. There are a couple of other companies in other locations, but some of them use the Texas voice acting studios as well.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Noted that he didn't outright deny it, and this really just NEEDS to be true.

Return to “Nerd Babble”