Movie Hot Takes

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Movie Hot Takes

Postby Kyle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:15 am

Not a movie hot take. That’s a novelization take that’s not hot at all.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby El Jefe » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:19 am

Agreed, on both.

But I'm pretty sure a novelization "fucking hell" take thread is going to go nowhere fast. To make it more directly related, the timeframe is backed up by the dates used in the film (and Marion's own dialogue). It's implied directly in the film, but not stated outright. The film dates actually make it less of an age gap, but still an creepy pedo age gap (20 to 15).
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:45 pm

a 20 year old dating a 15 year old isn't pedophilia. And ya know, this would be the early 1900s eh, so ya know. roll tide.

RANDOM MEMORY reading a Indiana Jones book and he survives being in the desert by drinking his horses blood, I wonder if that would work?

After he retires QT films will ALL age very well and his body of work will be seen as the work of a absolute master of his craft.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Not every movie QT has directed has been great or perfect but he quite simply has NEVER directed a bad film.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:21 pm

*SPOILERS FOR ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD*

Last edited by mimekiller on Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Jesus, put a spoiler warning on that shit. Fuck!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 pm

My deepest apologies, I have been thinking about this movie constantly since it came out, spoiler warning now in place and invisible text on.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:40 pm

Thank you.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Oh, so you're saying that four turtles and a rat are capable of defeating an entire army of Japanese ninja warriors? Yeah okay Hollywood, or should I say, WHITE CISHET MALEY WOOD :flame:
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:14 pm

simply one of the best pieces of music in CINEMA HISTORY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39szQy3TcH4&app=desktop
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:17 am

with deepfake technology we can finally give marginalized people groups much needed representation in classic cinema.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Eli in that movie Book of Eli was blind. Not many people picked up on that detail
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:42 pm

they should remake the princess bride bc the orginal is boring and maybe they’ll make it not boring
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:29 pm

You would have to make me watch BOMBSHELL at gun point and even then I might take my chances
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:21 pm

Luke using Threepio to trick the Ewoks into thinking it was the will of their god to go to war with the Empire was a war crime.

Return to “Nerd Babble”