Movie Hot Takes

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Movie Hot Takes

Postby mimekiller » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:30 am

for those curious this is a classic hot take, also very stupid.

https://www.wired.com/2018/11/geeks-guide-lotr-orcs/
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:50 am

The criticism of Tolkien's portrayal of certain races as inherently evil is valid, even if you dont agree. But this is a parody based on Moorcock's criticism of the book, so... still not technically a movie hot take.

Although if Kyle's going to allow that Hank Hill bullshit, I suppose this qualifies as well.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby El Jefe » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:18 pm

A Clockwork Orange is a really shitty movie.

Pacino has far more awful performances than good ones.

The best Mission Impossible movies come after the 3rd one.

Smokin' Aces is the best movie and role of Ryan Reynolds career.

Empire Strikes Back is pretty lackluster.

Munich is a better Spielberg movie than Schindler's List.

Here's one that pains me to say. David Harbour will be a better Hellboy than Ron Perlman.

That Pikachu Detective flick will probably be funnier than both Deadpool flicks.

And my personal crusade...The Losers is a far better A-Team movie than the A-Team movie.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:22 pm

Almost forgot this one. Fassbender and McAvoy were better than Stewart and McKellen in their respective X-flick roles.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:25 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:45 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm

David Fincher has such extroardinary once-in-a-generation talents in every area of cinematic craft that I have to believe he'll someday make a good movie.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:23 am

I love him, but he couldn’t be more wrong and out of touch here. Plus, I’d watch something like Roma a million times before sitting through Ready Player One again.

https://news.avclub.com/steven-spielber ... 1833005033
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:55 pm

Ah, Brie Larson. All the radiant, effortless charm of Katherine Heigl but with the legendary beauty of Heath Ledger in a wig. But the best part is, her work... her :innocent: activism :innocent: super important to society. Bravo, Hollywood!
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:43 pm

People who hate on Tarantino don't really enjoy movies
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:21 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:10 pm

just heard that hollywood is doing something called "color correction" to its films now? holy fuck?? i've never heard of anything so racist
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:31 pm

Not a hot take. Just a mildly passable joke.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:49 am

Picture of the black hole looks like the eye of sauron and I don't care who says otherwise; shocked that this qualifies as a hot take because it is so obviously true.

Also the ewoks are just fine. There never was anything wrong with those ewoks.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:14 am

First off, Colbert made a joke in his monologue that many scientists have pointed out that it looks like the eye of Sauron. The punchline was, "Who would have thought there was any crossover between space enthusiasts and Tolkien fans?" while sheepishly raising his hand.

Secondly, that's really more of a black hole hot take and far less of a movie hot take, IMO. But I'll leave that for the judges to decide.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:14 pm

NOT A MOVIE HOT TAKE! DISALLOWED!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Thanks, Kyle.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:43 pm

The Perfect Storm is about some dumbasses from Massachusetts, almost certainly lifelong racists, that forget to check the weather before going fishing
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 pm

You better not be bad-mouthing Ewoks. My brother was an Ewok for about 2 years, so try to show a little sensitivity.

Return to “Nerd Babble”