Political hot takes

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Political hot takes

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:34 pm

Kellyanne Conway and her husband George know exactly what they are doing. Maybe they have conflicting political views. Maybe they don't. Doesn't matter. Their public "disagreements" are purely performative and ultimately serve whatever purpose Kellyanne has designed them for.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Political hot takes

Postby mimekiller » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:30 pm

The worst war crime Vietnam ever committed was letting John Rotten Apple Core brain McCain crawl out of that bamboo cage alive. I'm glad POTUS continues to roast that waste of space into the grave and beyond.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:47 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:53 pm

The democrats are just as invested in keeping the nation divided as the republicans are. Instead of using race baiting and religion (like the republicans), they're using class divisions and stereotyping. Neither side is interested in compromise or pragmatism- both just want to cash in politically on the perceived vulnerabilities of the other.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:15 pm

Trump Derangement Syndrome accurately describes the actions of some members of the Left in America.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is also just Clinton Derangment 2.0 with social media magnifying the effect.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:02 am

People should just ignore media and read Mueller's report themselves.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sat May 11, 2019 9:27 am

Elon Musk is some weird combo of HG Wells, HH Holmes and P.Barnum. FASCINATED by his life
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sat May 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Trump is just gonna try to hold on to his seat as long as he can, even if he loses the election. If 2nd term, he will find any way possible to extend it as long as possible through some insane measures.

Clue in ancient Greece.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue May 14, 2019 7:38 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue May 14, 2019 7:38 pm

a 73 year old man refuses to leave his office and the country is helpless to get rid of him uh huh lol
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue May 14, 2019 8:38 pm

To be fair, Trump is the first of those presidents to actually suggest it himself and use it to work up his crowds. So it's a little different.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:54 am

Not sure if this is a hot take, but I think most voters are recently coming to, or are not quite there but perhaps about to come to, a pretty decent awareness of who the Democratic candidates might be for next time around. Thus the idea the DNC is trying to use various levers to winnow the field down when we're over a year away from the election is kind of nauseating. And do they not get that a lot of these candidates are going to peel off and run for some lesser office or get their name recognition build up enough to play some other role in future? Why not let the tiny fraction of people who are actually watching them on the debate stage get another chance to see the free advertising? And like Trump*, they should get someone up there like Marianne Williamson or whoever to say a bunch of wild but TRUE stuff the world needs to hear, so the media actually covers it with the same breathless excitement they devoted to the average Trump fart in 2015.

* Please note I am not implying that anything he ever says is true - only that the media got all excited and covered every last thing he said.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:59 am

The DNC recognizes that a huge chunk of the current candidates do not actually intend to be president and are using the process to advance themselves in other ways. If I were the DNC, I think I'd be a little resentful at having my time and resources used up that way. They would rather focus on candidates who are serious about being president this time. I dont blame them. Resources are not unlimited, so why should the DNCs presidential primary infrastructure have to support Seth Moulton's reelection bid to congress and his future senatorial aspirations?
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:41 pm

There's a GOP stunt candidate that is our current president, so I understand the winnowing for that reason too.

Speaking of hot take: unless a better way is invented, stunt-running for president in order to raise your national profile (or to make your senate seat more secure) will only increase. Because it works fricken great. Doubt Rubio and Cruz would still be senators if they weren't former candidates, and seems half of the Dems have senate-seat off ramps (or in the case of Mayor Pete, a governor's race).
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:09 pm

Trump is going to win re-election and democrats are going to claim tampering with the vote.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:10 am

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:12 am

But what if they aren't wrong and our vote really is manipulated? The FEC presently nonfunctional. States haven't solved past problems.

Anyway, here's a glorious hot take courtesy Douthat and the NY Times, the paper of record with coverage relentlessly aimed at the nation's genteel Conservatives who nevertheless support Trump:

"Four Things That Are Not White Nationalism"
"Conservatism’s racism problem is real. So is a pattern of media smears against non-racist conservatives."

Does this man have any self-awareness? Does he ban mirrors from his house? If one of his kids punches the other does he say, well, you did beat him at that videogame?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:23 am

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:23 am

Due to successful stalling tactics, the Democrats will not get to see Trump's bank records or tax returns before the election. And maybe not afterwards either.
Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:59 am

The once-absurd notion that we'd be in Afghanistan for 50 years is coming true, and for now it seems the only way out sooner is we negotiate with the Taliban. Both situations suck, but negotiating may produce some good, who knows, might turn out great, while the current situation is still kinda kinda kinda bad.

Return to “Nerd Babble”