The Good Things

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Good Things

Postby Eliahad » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:51 pm

Wooly Constable Titmouse.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:25 am

Velvet Ennui Raven.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:46 am

Leather Sordino Rhinoceros
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:18 am

Sticky Epoch Rat
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:18 am

Fluffy Freedom Termite
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:27 am

Prickly Sorority Stoat
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:34 am

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:47 pm

JoAnn's is giving away free kits to make and donate face masks!

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:43 pm

To follow Ron's raccoon family. The birds are getting feisty for Spring, and it feels like there are more of them at the moment. It's nice to hear on the walks.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:18 pm

We are well within city limits in a thoroughly suburban neighborhood, but there is a large ditch on the edge of the property and a river with undeveloped land all along it about a mile away. The neighborhood is also ~60 years old full of mature trees. We get our share of wildlife.

We have a bird feeder and see half a dozen types of woodpeckers plus many cute birds like titmice, Carolina wrens, chickadees, juncos, and nuthatches. The neighborhood has several hawks - there has been at least one breeding pair in the neighborhood for a while. Last week, I saw two crows harassing a hawk.

Wild mammals seen in yard: mouse, mole, chipmunk, squirrel, possum, rabbit, raccoon, fox.
Additional wild mammals seen in the general area coyote, deer.

If you take the time to look around, there's quite a bit going on.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:04 am

I think I may need to move to Stan's neighborhood. He's got a zoo there.

As a side thought I am now inspired to start doing a little bit of wildlife photography with some of my new free time. I usually take a break when working outside (especially if the task is tiring , tedious, or dreadful) to look around, sit quietly and observe.

I also might get a macro lens so i can get some good close-ups of the creepy crawlies
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:01 am

GOOD THING: ALL YOU FINE FOLKS HERE!
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:28 pm

I am going to be able to have 4 day weekends all the way until June 30th!

Trying to stay positive because it could have been a lay-off.

On my days off I hope to make time for learning some RPG rules and running a game for my kids.

I will be able to make up for years and years of sleep deficits by getting a good 8 hrs of kip in.

I am scheduling activities by day so we have 1 whole day of just family stuff and no work. 2 days of me and my wife doing projects and one day to each do our own thing....and I will be playing Fallout4 from 0600 to 0830 or 0900 leaving the rest of the day for getting stuff done.

Looking forward to it when I phrase it like that!

Cleaner air, cleaner homes....TIME with family.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:28 pm

I'm sorry that it's impacting your job, but I congratulate you on finding a way to make the best of it! For much of our married lives my husband and I have discussed this trade off between money and time, money and time. We are lucky that we have the trade off because many people have neither money nor time, so there's not much of a choice. If you can make it work on the money side despite the current contingencies, it will be wonderful to finally have more of the time for yourself. And at a point when members of the family may be feeling the stress in more and less hidden ways, it will probably make them feel so much better to have more time spent with you. I can pretty much trace the improvements in my son's mood based on how much one-on-one time he gets with Dad.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:50 pm

Owls hooting in the afternoon! They are so cool. We are trying to get the kids involved in building birdhouses, etc...
I am going to get to paint some minis from my Talisman game some with some of my free time in the evenings....ostensibly listening to some Nerd Pride Radio podcasts...
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:16 pm

You're all awesome!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:14 am

No, YOU'RE awesome!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:06 pm

We have arrived at the part of Fireworks week appropriate to actually setting off fireworks. I feel very weepy about our Democracy and insistent that it be preserved! Democracy is Good. Why people forget?

Return to “Nerd Babble”