The Good Things

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Good Things

Postby Eliahad » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:53 pm

What are you thankful for today? What's been amazing? What did you learn today? What's good right now?

I'll start.

I have a cat curled up on my lap.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Good Things

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:20 pm

I’m thankful for my wife and kids, and for the wonderful online community of friends I have on this website.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:36 pm

<3

I just made ground turkey enchiladas and managed to so obliterate them with ancho chile sauce and cheese that my husband LOVED them and had no idea it was turkey.

Then I spun the wheel on my kid's videogame and won him the massive hundred-bell prize or whatever.

#tigerblood #winning
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:13 pm

Dave just came up with a brilliant rule change for Godball, and it's improved the game 1000%. Very exciting!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:43 am

Now I want to know! Well, good things today include the weather (ideal lately by my standards), and that we are using this chance to slowly deep-organize some rooms.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:26 am

I woke up at 5:15 all ready to go. So I've been super-productive already today.

Also, Mike is very sweet.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:43 pm

A number of places here are offering additional paid sick leave to their employees, and churches and neighborhood groups are organizing young people to go do shopping and drop it off for the old people, and people are circulating lists of locally-owned restaurants so that people who cannot cook at home can help keep them afloat by getting takeout.
It's really remarkable to see what happens when a bunch of good actors start putting their heads to how they can make a situation better.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:55 am

I am thankful for kind people here who overlook that I made another topic without looking to see if one already existed. :oops:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:10 pm

I like the proliferation of duplicative topics, like the Hydra. It's a chaotic evil streak or something.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:11 pm

I just found out the Arts High School I work at is paying its artistic coaches through the work stoppage. This is huge as the sessions I work there is equal to about 3 private lessons a week.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Yeah!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:42 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:35 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:31 pm

My daughter now wants us to get busy with her driving instruction because she hates being in the house all the time.

Thankfully Spring is here...in a big way....warm and sunny!

And it appears there have been some major breakthroughs in the fight against COVID 19! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:34 pm

Great time to go driving with less traffic! My kid should do that all weekend.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Very thankful that I live in a place where I can look out on trees and green space. Thankful to have pets. Also thankful that a store saw fit to put on clearance a strappy bra in a color called "velvet morning leopard", and once I acquire the item I'm going to insist that certain people call me only by this name. At least for a while, or while wearing it.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:47 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:54 pm

:banana:

We could call you [texture][abstract noun][beast] as well. I'm thinking maybe Silken Frequency Shark.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:04 pm

Pebbled Harmony Badger.

You're right,--I do like this game.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:14 pm

Ho ho that's a good one! My kid here wishes to be Blazing Void Cthulhu, where some leniency permits blazing to function as a texture.

Return to “Nerd Babble”