What pocket do you keep you change in?

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

What pocket do you keep you change in?

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:16 am

Obviously, this is only of you have occasion to carry change AND you have pants pockets that you carry it in.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: What pocket do you keep you change in?

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:01 pm

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:35 pm

Left, with my wallet. Right has my phone and keys. I don't use the back pockets.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Back pockets are for people that want to lose their stuff or have it stolen. Front pockets only.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:35 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:20 pm

My kid does this and I have no idea how one tolerates it.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:02 pm

I ask, because a friend of mine is right handed for everything in his life, except that he is a left-handed batter and a left-handed golfer. When he first went out golfing with a friend who happens to be a golf instructor, he was feeling awkward with the clubs. He kept wanting to use left-handed clubs but thought maybe he was doing something wrong. So finally, the other dude says, "Which pocket do you keep your change in?" Kinda shocked, he says, "left." And the dude says that means he's probably a left-handed golfer. Weird.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:08 am

Uh, I keep my change in my left pocket, but I'm a right-handed golfer and batter.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:10 am

Phone in the right, keys and change in the left so they don't scratch the phone, wallet in left back. I don't golf, but the rare times I'd shoot a gun or bow I'd do it lefty as I'm left eye dominant. I'm right handed but not strongly so and was more ambidextrous as a kid.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:07 am

I'm no anarchist, but I seem to sure be with my pockets.

No rules, just rarely back pockets. There are times when my wallet, keys, and phone end up in the same pocket, and I get frustrated, but never learn from my mistake. I wish I remember to keep my keys and phone separate: it's annoying to grab keys from under my phone, worried also the keys will scratch up the phone.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:05 am

I relate to this type of anarchy. Normally I try to avoid paying cash, but when I must the change ends up ... anywhere and everywhere. Pockets, especially jacket/coat pockets, car (any of 100 spots), a jar in the house, any flat surface whatsoever. Frequently one encounters an occasion when you need to plug a parking meter or you need to scrounge up a few bucks change for your kid for some reason, and all I need to do is wander through my house or dig gently at the bottom of my bag or jacket pockets. Every time I clean out my car to vacuum it thoroughly I place a bet on how much money I'm going to find and it's usually over $10.

My phone is encased in the most impact resistant, scratch resistant, heavy-duty mass I could find, which means it is super heavy and uncomfortable but I have dropped it so many times and it is completely unaffected. The point being it gets thrown into my bag along with 4,000 other random objects and none of them hurt the phone.

Return to “Nerd Babble”