This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 19, 2020 2:31 pm

For what it's worth I would be really pissed off about the tuna can as well. That stuff smells terrible! And inanimate objects are in on the conspiracy for sure. I really wish you did not have to encounter the crap of our unemployment system. It really seems designed less to help people than to screw them.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Fri May 29, 2020 1:10 pm

Been having a really hard time lately with the mental health. I don't think it's COVID related; feels just like my normal bullshit. But it's not fun.
Reel on a repeating loop
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri May 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Sending virtual hugs!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri May 29, 2020 1:47 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 29, 2020 10:46 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:26 am

So, because my daughter who qualified for the stimulus asked for it she can now no longer be my dependent. which is fine....it will cost my on my taxes....but there is no stimulus being paid to her yet...:(
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:44 am

Oof. Will they be sending a check or a debit card? I know both have happened. I assume she doesn't have direct deposit with the IRS?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:53 am

Apparently, my niece's husband (the niece I've had anti-trans issues with in the past) made a post to Facebook sometime back where he indicated if he found a trans person around his wife or daughter, he would use any means available to him to protect his family from the trans person. The man is a police officer in a small town in Michigan. And my niece is running as a Republican for a seat in the Michigan state house of representatives. And my sisters wonder why me and my kids, one of who is transgender, have problems being around them. :headslap:
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:38 am

WTF, people are so gross! It is absurd that your kids even have to encounter this type of response. Why?!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:31 am

We need a new deep freeze, cuz our old one is too small. But with the pandemic, they are sold out everywhere. My sister-in-law ordered a new one from Menards, but it has been over a month and it's still on back order. We keep putting it off and still haven't ordered ours.

My sister-in-law's grandma-in-law got herself a new giant deep freeze and said, "Hey, I don't need my old one. You want it?" And my sister-in-law snapped it up. But now she's got that one on order, and she was going to cancel it, until someone said, "Wait, I think Lisa and Mike were looking for one."

That freezer arrived the next day. So now I just have to get over to Menards and pick up my new freezer and then write my sister-in-law a check, and I have a new freezer. Exactly the one we were looking at.

Lesson learned: ignore a problem long enough and it will eventually work itself out.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:05 pm

Do you think that will work for us? Our dishwasher isn't draining all the way. We were thinking about ordering a new one. Maybe we'll just wait and see if one pops up outta nowhere.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:36 pm

You'd be amazed at how often it works!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:08 am

I've been feeling better for the last few days. I don't expect it to last--I know myself too well--but I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:08 am

:banana:

Enjoy it while it lasts! Do something nice for yourself.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:52 am

Just found a good friend of mine, one of the groomsmen from my wedding, died from a heart attack this morning. He’s just one month older than me. Wasn’t in the best of shape, but still, it’s a bit of a gut punch.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Oh no, I'm so sorry!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:42 pm

Fuck. That’s rough.
Reel on a repeating loop
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:49 am

Went to take out the trash last night, and tripped on a wagon in the dark. Scraped up my left elbow, my left hand (where I caught myself in the fall) hurts like heck. No swelling, a tiny scratch, but it hurts if I move my hand from a clenched to a first position. Typing is a little bit slower on the LH.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:15 am

Sorry about that! Hope it feels better soon!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:17 pm

Having a good day. Trying to enjoy because it doesn’t last.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Babble”