Tell Me You're Okay

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tell Me You're Okay

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:56 pm

My guys here at work continue to crumble. Divorces, dead friends, incohate rage at the job, no hopeful outlooks.

Tell me something good that's happened to you. I kind of need to hear it today.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: Tell Me You're Okay

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:30 pm

I got my health insurance renewal quote, and my premium is only going up a little over 5% this year. That's much better than the 20% increase from last year.

Oh, and my daughter has her first date Saturday night, a boy that asked her to the homecoming dance. Not necessarily good for me, but she's happy, and that makes me (somewhat) happy. :)
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:04 am

My nine-month-old son is standing up. He also has a great laugh and laughs when we laugh, which will suit him well in life.

My four-year-old loves good movies and is full of empathy.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:21 am

Thanks guys - it really helps to hear these things tonight.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:18 pm

My divorce inspired me to have casual sex with 20+ women over the course of 12 months.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:29 pm

This makes me want to ask a question, but I'm not sure what the question is. If I can organize my thoughts I'll come back.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:07 pm

I will field any and all questions
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Ah! My question basically boils down to this: Why perpetuate the male stereotype?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:37 am

To be fair, and with the limited information I am given, it appears that some women follow the same winding path post-divorce. Nor can I grudge a stereotype, given that if I were in his shoes, my sex life likely would be connected somehow to a fairly-old and very-rich dude buying me cars. I don't want you to think I'm a bad person, though - I would also take real estate, stocks, bonds, and plain old cash.

Also, )($*&%(*#&$^, I don't think I am "okay" except in the important sense that I'm healthy and overall happy and my kids seem fine and stuff, husband is doing well. Okay, maybe I'm okay. But a lot of Not-Okay shit continues to transpire and keep me up at night with stress.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:35 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 pm

I hear you, that would probably destroy me mentally at this point.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:36 am

That is good news indeed! Things are going well for my kids too, it would seem. I hope so. Things are not going as well for the weary old donkey, their mother, but the donkey is still up on all fours and crawling, so it's ok. Haven't we all had some kind of surprise painful moment of kidney stone or intestinal crisis that caused us to pee our pants slightly for the first time since toddlerhood, right before work when there was no time to change clothes, so we wore our (Thankfully Chose That One!) long coat around all day and just dealt with it? I'm not saying this happened to me, but if it did, it would merely be the icing on the shit cake that has been baking for a long time here.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:52 am

My son was finally baptized on Sunday, this released a lot more stress than I thought it would. I didn't realize how much not having it done was affecting me.

My daughter is in pottery classes for a second session and is absolutely loving it. Her joy brings me joy.

We have an adorable new masters student. I was dreading this, but she's sweet and is not going to cause me as much stress as I feared.

It looks like the horrible law that was going to ruin my job is dead in the water.

We game tomorrow, most time I'll have with Pat all week.

I'd say I'm like 65% ok, which is better than I've been since November :)
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:04 am

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Seriously, I don't really "see" my husband much, but he and I enjoy a rich and somewhat fulfilling sleeping time together. It's a little less fulfilling for him because I snore, but we both push and shove each other a bit as we struggle over the blankets, and sometimes (like the last two nights), a screaming flare makes a surprise 4 am landing right in the middle of our bed after, presumably, being launched there by a nightmare. Then it kicks one of us while elbowing the other in the face, and for fun we rotate it around so that the other person can enjoy being kicked or elbowed accordingly. Who can say marriage is boring?! Who knows what kind of deep psychic communication goes on between us in the dead of night as, ruled by our unconscious minds, we trade pheromones in close quarters? Isn't this better than waking communications about laundry and garbage?
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Thank you all very much. It lifts my spirits to see good things happening for my friends.

Return to “Nerd Babble”