Jury Duty

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Jury Duty

Postby akiva » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:14 pm

I got called for jury duty for tomorrow. I'm kind of looking forward to it.
Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Re: Jury Duty

Postby Elle » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Ooooh, I hope you get to do it!
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:39 pm

Y'know, I'm 46 y.o., and I've only been called for jury duty twice in my life. The first time, out in Washington State, I never even had to go into the courthouse; I called a number ahead of time and they said I wasn't needed. The second time, in Wisconsin, I went into the courthouse, was assigned a number, sat in a room for awhile, and was then thanked for coming in and told I could go home because my number was above whatever they needed for the jury pool for that week. Sometime, I'd love to make it to the Voir Dire process.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:17 pm

This is the second time I've been called. The first time, when I was living in Chicago, I sat in the waiting room for about an hour before they dismissed us.
Reel on a repeating loop
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:44 pm

I've been called for Jury duty twice in my life. The most recent time, I totally forgot, called the day AFTER I was supposed to appear and arranged for an alternate time. Then when that time came up, I was called in on one of the days and never called for an actual trial. It was also only for a one week period but I was only asked to even come in on one of the days.

The first time, though, it was for two weeks. Both weeks had one day that I was not asked to come in. Of the other eight days, I was called for Jury selection on each of the days. Of those eight days, I was selected for seven juries. The only one I wasn't selected for was probably the one that would have been the worst. It was actually a re-trial of one that had ended in a hung jury from the first week and would have been multiple days and probably would have kept me there beyond the two week period. All of the other trials were one day trials. It seems I was an ideal juror, probably because I got most of my news from national sources (NPR and the web) and paid practically no attention to local stuff, so I wasn't biased because I'd seen anything on the news or read about anything in the paper.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:46 am

Wow. I've been called 5 times, and likely to get called more. I've only served on one jury panel for a local municipality case. It was an interesting experience. I can go into the details later, but not right now as I'm tired and have to get up for another rehearsal in the morning. I just wanted to express my shock and awe at several of you only being called twice.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:15 am

27 years of not being called! I win!
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:14 am

I've showed up for jury duty twice. Been part of jury selection one time. I was rejected. Never have served on a jury.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:28 pm

They called 3 panels, but my number wasn't picked for any of them. They sent the rest of us home at lunchtime.
Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Boooo! But at least you got the call. I have never been called and my husband assures me I'm one of the last people who would make it past voir dire for almost anything. Not sure whether that's a good or bad thing. :suspect:
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:50 am

I have been called 4 times served twice
One was grand Jury, one was a child molestation case. :(
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Babble”