Dream Journal

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:52 pm

Holy shit... that is the most poetically disturbing dream ever.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:32 am

Oh my God! I don't know if I would be okay after that one!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:51 am

Trying to debate whether to get up and confront the Monday list of tasks, or whether to flip my hugger pillow to the other side and go back to sleep. Sleep was pleasantly occupied by the dream of doing various kinds of work successfully. So should we try to dream that again on the left side of the body (I lay like a stone and then wake to flip sides), or actually be it by getting up?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm

I slept for another 25 minutes during which time I dreamed I was a teenager living with my parents again in our old house. Many of these age regressed dreams lately; it is disturbing! Anyway in this one I was introducing them to my nerdy boyfriend, and was concerned about what my parents would think of him, because he was pretty weird, but he and my dad were able to communicate about cars, so then I went off and played volleyball with my mom. There's some kind of wishful thinking element here, where I wish that I could play volleyball with my mom again.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:21 pm

I'm editing this to have a title: "Mom gives up and tries to take a 15-minute break; falls asleep from total exhaustion."

Hole E Cowwwww I am so confused, I just had the weirdest dream. The weirdest. The weirdest. I know there's nothing more boring than reading other people's dreams but I have to write it down so I don't forget this stuff.

So I'm dreaming that I reallllly want to take a nap. This is what was happening prior to the dreaming, when I was awake, which probably explains why I had no idea I was sleeping. Holy s*** you guys, someone is playing spooky music outside the door. I don't even know what's going on anymore. Like the music is super duper loud blasting loud. What is even going on???

Okay the music has stopped. If I'm not awake right now I'm going to be so freaked out. I have to start from the beginning because this thing has so many layers. Real life: I've had the worst day and I was so exhausted, couldn't get anything done anymore due to the constant jibber jabber of noises and problems people were having. Finally said I'm done with this s*** and I went and laid down. The dogs were barking and loudly playing, so I had to get up and kick them out of the room. I locked the door and laid down, and then my son starts repeatedly knocking on the door and demanding whatever the heck he was demanding. The last thing I remember from real life is me telling him to go find his sister. This is all real life which then became a dream.

Ok, so in my dream now, I begin dreaming that I really wanted to take a nap, and I locked myself in my bedroom without dog. I'm certain this part was a dream because it was not my bed or bedroom. It was a small room and the bed was shiny and black wood, like the dresser and nightstands. The bed was super comfortable and I was having a glorious time laying there for a long time, feeling the soft weight of the clean blankets and sheets, slipping into sleep.

Now we're in dream level 2. I dream that I have fallen asleep in this shiny black bed, and now I dream that I am dating a particular person, who is suddenly also laying here. I'm trying to explain various problems I need solved - mundane problems that relate to things like caulking and and my phone not working the way I want it to and such. I'm so pleased because my boyfriend, whoever it may be, apparently knows how to caulk and fix the phone. I am so pleased. Now we are discussing vitamins and whether they are beneficial. It is very detailed and I am wanting to figure it out, but I keep hearing an annoying noise... I'm also thinking I would like to have sex with my boyfriend, once this vitamin thing gets sorted properly. But there's an annoying noise... I'm worried the dog is destroying something.

I "wake up". Back to dream level one. my son has woken me up by constantly knocking on the door. I keep telling him to go away. He lets the dog in, because he's mad that I won't open the door for him and get up. But I'm sleepy, so I fall asleep again.

Back to dream level 2. Please let's have sex now. Except there are annoying noises... Ugh this isn't working. Why is privacy impossible to achieve?

Back to dream level one: unfortunately I left my phone laying on the bed, and when I "wake up' to dream level one here, I see that my dog has literally taken a bite out of it and you can see the bite-shaped mark as he has bitten off the whole bottom part of the phone. I am amazed that he could bite clean through it in such a fashion. It seems like something a dog shouldn't be able to do, to take a bite out of an entire cell phone just like it's a cookie. Now I'm terrified it's going to hurt him to eat it. I'm super pissed off but I'm also terrified he's going to be hurt. I'm searching all around for the parts of the cell phone. A lot of it is fragmented glass and metal. I'm picking all these teeny tiny pieces out of the fluffy bedspread of the shiny black bed I think is mine but that is not really mine.

Back to dream level 2. I am so sorry we cannot have sex because I have to pick up all these pieces of my broken cell phone and by the way the dog is probably going to die from whatever is in his stomach. The boyfriend is going to deal with the dog, whew! Great relief. He will solve it. He is a solver. Here I am picking up all these glass pieces and they're cutting me and it's just absolutely terrible. Oh great the kids are banging on the door and trying to get in...

Back to dream level one. Damn it the kids are banging on the door and woke me up. But oh no, noooooooooo, my cell phone really is destroyed by the dog! Oh no I thought that was just a dream. It's real! He ate it and now what am I going to do! The glass is everywhere. I'm trying to pick it up, I'm cutting myself, my daughter comes in to help me deal with the dog. She thinks the dog is okay. how is this possible when he just took a big bite of glass, plastic, and metal? My kid will not stop shouting and shouting. Everybody wants dinner and they're so mad at me. My God you people I'm exhausted, can't you see that I'm completely exhausted and also trying to pick up glass fragments?! I just want to stay here in bed, I want to keep sleeping, stop trying to wake me up, stop trying to bang on the door, stop ruining my sex life, leave me alone... Wait a minute, how could any of that be happening unless I'm actually still asleep?

I wake up. I am back to reality. There are terrible noises of every possible kind going on around me: The phone is ringing, my kid is yelling, knocking ferociously on the door, it sounds like about 15 dogs are barking, there's loud spooky music, my daughter is yelling, and someone rings the doorbell. I pick up the phone to record this, the spooky music comes back, VERY loudly, then stops.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:07 pm

My first dog was alive again and living with me, but she was sick and the whole dream was frustrated efforts to understand why she was sick or access treatment for it. In short, a delightful time spent romping with this wonderful precious dog, but the whole time horrified at the creepy undercurrent of something being wrong.

Return to “Nerd Babble”