Question of the Day

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Question of the Day

Postby akiva » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:18 pm

"Is it okay to write 'LI" for "law enforcement'?"
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: Question of the Day

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:12 pm

No.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:42 pm

No.

And to be clear, except in very specialized circumstances, I'd say its not even permissible to use LE for law enforcement.

XLN, however, to denote X-treme Law N-forcement is perfectly acceptable.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:25 pm

Slang used in the Air Force back in my day was:LE = Law Enforcement (gate guards), SP = Security Patrol(guarded the flight line), and on some shows like NCIS they use Leos for Law Enforcement Officers. However aside from that I'd have no idea what you meant if you used LI in a sentence.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:20 pm

"Law Inforcement"... duh.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:00 am

Off to watch Zootopia again for the Lion officers.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:16 am

Heh! Thought about naming 3rd child Leo because his due date according to the doctor was 8/27, but according to my tired body's plan he became a Leo. He sleeps among the stuffed lions.

Return to “Nerd Babble”