MMO Snake

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: MMO Snake

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:22 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
TheMaster
Happy Medium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheMaster » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:31 pm

Alternate games I play in the game of Slither:

1- Possom: Go in a straight line and don't turn unless you absolutely have to. The idea is to lure people in to thinking you're away from your keyboard. It's hilarious. The stalk you for awhile- following behind you, then they run up and pounce, only to have you dodge right in front of them killing them.

2- Only Turbo: Go to the middle of the map and get to between 1,000 and 2,000. Then hold down turbo and don't let it go. If you can get to 10,000, then you can let off turbo and go to the outskirts. If not, turbo until you're dead.

3- The Cleaner: This is my favorite. Pick an uncrowded section of the map. Your job is to just clean it, meaning that you don't use turbo (because it will leave a mess) and you suck up EVERYTHING. If someone comes across your expanding patch of void, that's fine. BUT if they use turbo, then that's like shitting on the carpet and it is your job to do whatever it takes to kill that person. I don't know why this amuses me, but it does. Immensely.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:13 pm

I use the clan tag. Got to #3 last night after 30 minutes nonstop.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:09 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:14 am

so, how many unique killing moves have you seen?

I have seen:

1. The constrictor - really long snake encircles a smaller one and gradually coils closer to its prey.

2. The TRON maneuver - turbo past another snake then cut them off.

3. Playing chicken - head on at another snake breaking left or right at the last minute 50/50 chance of success.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:54 am

One of my favorite moves is to find someone who just killed a snake and then dart perpendicular to the dead snake's ashes just as the victor tries to collect his award. This is a good one to do when you are small trying to kill a giant.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:14 am

I do the constrictor quite often. Mostly I am a patient player. Stealing other peoples kills.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:10 am

the gray one with the round tentacle and orange eyes creeps me out :?
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:33 am

That's the one i use ;)
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:26 pm

:horrified:
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:43 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:51 pm

I was doing alright (for me) until I found a snake that was the exact same size and color as me and I ran into it thinking it was my own tail.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:19 am

Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:45 pm

So basically, everyone is off playing Paranoia or pretending to be a cannibalistic snake.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon May 02, 2016 1:52 pm

:D
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon May 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Three new games for giant snakes...

1. Constrictor head fake. I hate the constrictor move once I've gotten huge. You become too vulnerable to being constricted yourself while you wait for your own victim to bite it. So instead I like to loop somebody, just to prove I can... and then just leave. If they keep a cool head, they're fine, and you just made their day.

2. Shouting fire in a crowded theater. Works best when you're the biggest snake in the area. If you find yourself in a crowd, look for an opening and turbo out for a fair way. Then after a couple seconds, double back to the crowd, and if you're lucky, you find you caused a panic and there's a bunch of bodies now as people freaked out, trying to escape from whatever they thought you were up to.

3. Gift from the gods. I play when I have a couple minutes, and if it goes well, I often find myself with a giant, but no time to keep playing. My challenge is to get out in the open and kill myself on the littlest guy I can find. Due to maneuverability issues, it can be surprisingly hard to sacrifice yourself, but I like the idea of some worm under a hundred suddenly having a feast of 14,000 just laid out for free.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon May 02, 2016 10:32 pm

People, I couldn't even maneuver that little motherfucker beyond "totally random movements in unintended directions". I have no idea what machinery you're using to do this. I am not otherwise incompetent at this sort of hand-eye coordination videogame so I don't know what's wrong.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sun May 08, 2016 10:00 am

My kids and I hooked the computer up to the big screen tv and are holding a slither tournament on it (you get to face flick anyone who scored worse than you in the current round). It is awesome.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed May 11, 2016 8:29 pm

I'm quitting Slither cold turkey. Thanks for the wake up call, Mike.

Return to “Nerd Talk”