Drek and Balls

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Drek and Balls

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:47 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby El Jefe » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:41 pm

The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:59 am

Ben is married to Frankie- Montanans. He used to be Raygun
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bonefish » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:34 pm

Everyone's favorite Dane has a kid now. He's a cutey-pie.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:26 am

Can't forget about Liniah!
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:03 pm

My favorite Dane is Soren Kierkegaard, so I'm pretty sure I'm not thinking of the right person. I remember there was a person on Animalball named Liniah and I have no clue who that is. I always wondered what happened to "Angel", who was a fairly interesting person. Some of that group seemed really nice and friendly and others were inexplicably extremely unfriendly.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Ithink, to my eternal shame, I drove angel off with a rather misogynistic and homophobic personal attack. I don't think her and the Module got along either, but I really think it was my bullshit that drove her off. I'm kinda sorry about that.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:05 am

Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 am

Well, dammit. Maybe I should have tried harder then.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Well if you're in touch with her, you can tell her to come back any time, given that she is entirely 100% safe from contact with that person here now. She said, in a resonantly bitter tone with the pointiest of eyerolls for emphasis.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:12 am

El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Hey, how do we get that Uncle Joseph guy back? He was a favorite but I also have a serious ulterior motive: alpacas.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:46 am

Angel was on Animalball for a while after she quit Bulldrek- but then she was chased off there by Earl again. But she went under a different name- something German, I think.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:13 am

I don't mean to imply that any of y'all above meant something very specific with your word choices, but I don't like to hear people saying that he who must not be named drove anyone off of any place. And I say that as someone who has both been driven by and done the driving. There was a time when I left for several months because I just did not want to have to deal with Voldemort anymore, but that was my personal issue for my personal reasons and it wasn't his fault. Likewise if Angel or anyone else chose to leave then that was her issue for her reasons and you can't really say that he was at fault for it. I also recall very specifically that Angel made a few extraordinarily cutting remarks against him based on how she thought he was failing as a parent to his daughter. And whatever you want to fault hat guy for, I don't think that being a bad parent to his daughter should be one of them. Whatever his failings may have been, or however much they were a result of his own choices, not only would he be the first person to tell you they were the results of his choices but there's no denying that he tried and that he was committed and that he followed through on being the best dad he could possibly be. I also don't think it was fair to criticize him for his poverty, especially at a moment when it was so particularly grinding and when I'm sure that he would have loved to be able to do all sorts of things for his daughter that cost money, if he had been able to. So... Have already doubtless sealed an eternity of hostilities now by commenting at all, but f*** it. I'm also sure Angel had her own perfectly justified reasons for saying whatever mean things she might have said, so... I don't like the idea of him being blamed for what other people choose to do freely. If anyone is responsible for annoying people and making them leave I'm sure it's just as much me. I sometimes think it would be better if things were the other way around, because then a much larger group of people would probably be happy to hang out here together.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:42 am

Last edited by El Jefe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:49 am

Well, that's encouraging. Trump supporter, eh? If it's something worse please don't tell me because I'm already in the shameful business of defending people who neither need nor desire my defenses, so I don't want to sink any lower. And my jerk detection was doing well with Gorsuch.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:00 am

El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 am

Return to “Nerd Talk”