Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby FlameBlade » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:47 pm

It is indeed their daughter that revealed that kellyanne had it.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:50 pm

I feel sorry for their kid, who appears to do nothing much besides pose in bikinis and stuff on social media and freak out because she has completely insane parents. Like is there no aunt or great aunt or cousin somewhere that can help that poor child?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:30 am

Used to think George Conway was a legitimately tormented soul; now the more cynical conclusion arrives, that this is their way of covering options and preparing for a post-Trump future.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:04 pm

I get campaign managers never quitting, showing future clients that you'll stay loyal through thick and thin. But when your client gives you covid, maybe quitting would show future clients to not fuck with your health and safety.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:19 pm

That COVID motorcade was something!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:06 pm

His car is hermetically sealed, so whoever is in the car with him os risking it big time. All the secret service.

An insult to 7 million who tested positive and go into isolation. And untold more who are exposed and have to quarantine.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:27 pm

He probably can't survive without an injection of narcissistic satisfaction each day.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:26 am

Trump admits giving a too rosy outlook on how covid will affect America.

Trumps' doctors have admitted to giving a too rosy picture of Trump's covid complications.

But they say now says their current rosy picture is true.

Dunno if it's true, but sure this is an abusive relationship.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:51 am

Press sec announced she tested positive for coronavirus this morning.

Trump trying to discharge, but damn, he might be infectious for another week or so. If he gets out...either he didn't have it or doctors should be barred from practicing.

Trump surrogates now are saying that because Trump has coronavirus, he now has experience necessary to lead us through this.

Clue in ancient Greece.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:58 am

Press Secretary and 2 of her deputies have tested positive.

It really does seem to becoming "The Masque of the Red Death."*

*I wish I'd thought of that description, but I stole it.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:53 am

Biden cannot suppress his own instincts to be a nice guy; reportedly wanted to call Trump personally, and now is talking about how he shouldn't have called him a clown. No, my guy, no, that was one of the most kind and gentle terms you can use while still being accurate.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:49 am

At this point it's almost painful to watch Trump ... straining to play the role of virus-dominator, buoyed up by steroids or whatever other drugs they've been giving him. His breathing looks labored out on that balcony. I wish he would actually take the time to recover properly, because none of this is good. Weird stunts and manic tweeting in all caps at dawn only raises disturbing questions about the capacity for judgment, which wasn't great on the best day.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:11 am

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:35 pm

Anxiety that Trump did something right and oh no voters might award him is much preferable to anxiety that Trump did something wrong and oh no it'll hurt people.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:52 pm

At this point, I feel like Trump is actively trying to lose. No stimulus talks until after the election? I don't get it. I don't understand his position on this from the beginning. This stimulus deal was a chance for him to buy votes. He could have agreed to all of it and been super-generous, and all it would have taken to pass is three GOP senators from blue states to get on board. Trump would be the maverick president who bucked his party establishment to get the people what they need. But instead he walks.

I'm almost wondering if this is the Art of the Deal in action, and he's expecting that when they see how serious he is Dems will cave. Then he can tell the people bow amazing he is at negotiating and how Pelosi and Shumer begged him for a deal.

Or maybe he's hopped up on steroids and painkillers.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:36 pm

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Nuclear football guy tested positive. One of the Coast Guard leadership tested positive, sending joint chiefs into quarantine.

Fun!

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:57 pm

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:06 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:59 am

Medicated.

Return to “Nerd Talk”