Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby akiva » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:31 am

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:16 pm

The wrath of the National Butterfly Center in response is something to behold. Do not piss off the lepidopterists. Do not!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:01 pm

Trump has repeatedly called for fighting widespread voter fraud. To do this requires making voting more difficult for many people.

When a federal judge (a conservative, Republican judge appointed by Trump) asked for evidence of widespread voter fraud, the Trump administration tried but nothing they submitted was evidence of anything except people's concern that there might be fraud.

On the other hand, Trump is on record saying that things that making voting easier (like mail-in ballots) will be bad for him and for Rupublicans in general.

So there's no evidence of fraud and Trump believes that making voting difficult will help him win. How is there any doubt for anyone about why he is doing this?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:42 am

And he said he won’t approve more money to the post office because then people can vote by mail.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:57 pm

In response to all the milage Trump is getting out of the "Biden's America" message:

Trump has been president for almost four years.
Republicans have control of the Senate.
They have over half of Supreme Court justices.
They have a majority of federal judges.
They control a majority of state legislatures.
They have a majority of governorships.
They even had the House for more than half of Trump's term.

This IS Trump's America.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:49 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:19 pm

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:30 am

A decade ago, March 2019, Common was invited to the White House for a poetry jam (that also featured LMM debuting the first seeds of Hamilton) and Fox News went crazy, because this was a rapper, and we all know rappers are thugs. It was absurd, as anyone who knew of Common knew. But now, Trump is warning that Cory Booker might try to enter your neighborhood. Cory Booker! I can't help but see the similarities and the striking difference (one was invited by a president, the other condemned by a president).
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:41 am

This whiny little white nationalist bitch. Can't visit a man shot seven times, because such a little bitch, but loves himself a violent vigilante. I'm to a hard place of struggle with the very small sliver of overlap in the diagram between Decent Humans and Trump Voters. I still believe in a small sliver of overlap and don't know what to do with these people.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:16 pm

I think there's a substantial chance that, as Trump becomes more convinced that he's going to win this election, that he will try to avoid the debates. I'm watching him in this interview with Laura Ingram- as softball an interviewer for him as you can get- and he's incoherent. He's so off the rails and incoherent, that Ingram (Ingram!) has to try to herd him back on track. The republicans want to paint Biden as the addle-brained old man, but Trump is showing us real cognition problems in real time. Person, woman, man, camera, TV. Ooof.

As a side note on this whole "person, woman, man, camera, TV" thing- it's obvious that he was just listing the first things that he saw as his eyes were darting around the room, right? Talk about the guy that's not all there and being propped up by his family and QAnon crazies. Good lord.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:38 pm

Every single thing they say about the other side is projection
Everything.
And this is no exception - If they're worried about Biden getting dotty it's because Trump actually is going dotty times 10.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Trump said ministrokes when nobody reported it.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Explains his own condition very well, including the trip to Walter Reed.

So this is definitely super bad feminist territory, but since the main point is about Trump I'll put it here. People not so concerned if he actually bends over and takes it from the dictator of North Korea, yet this story about Sarah Sanders taking one for the team is supposed to be scandalous. Nah. I think it's freaking hilarious and I don't think it would matter who the man winked at. Moreover I think it's stupid to try to demonize him for trivialities like this that actually make him seem more human and amusing. Seriously, imagine a group of us go and meet with Kim Jong-un and he winks at one of us. I think that would probably be one of the least hilariously offensive things we might come up with to say afterward. Let's focus on the destruction of democracy, the subservience to dictators, the 185,000 dead, the total incompetence and buffoonery, the servicing of the richest 1% of the 1% and indifference for everybody else. Focus people!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:50 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:37 pm

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:37 pm

Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:05 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:08 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:07 am

Return to “Nerd Talk”