Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Trump

Postby Kyle » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:45 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:07 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:23 am

Trump campaign is actively discussing with battleground states controlled by Republicans the possibility of discarding election results if he loses there and instead seating a slate of electors loyal to Trump.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/ ... sults/amp/
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 am

Yep it's either USA or bust at this point, and the people who keep screaming USA chants are not actually on the side of the USA. Also there's been an ammo shortage all year - not sure how many of you are into ammo buying, but there's an ammo shortage.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:51 am

You know his recent statements are worrying some in the GOP since both Romney and Rubio issued tweets affirming the American experiment and peaceful transitions, without expressing who they are responding to.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:00 am

Romney has given us reason to think he would stand up in a time of crisis, but one little dude standing up by himself is not going to mean anything. Maybe Lisa Murkowski. I don't trust Rubio to do anything but talk. So there you go: The forces of tyranny versus a couple random senators. For a long time now it has not been Trump himself who matters; it's the fact that he captured an entire political party and nobody has the spine to resist, probably because they are implicated in some way in whatever malfeasance is going on. Surely they have realized by now that if enough s*** is put in front of the fan at once, nobody will even notice or care.

I didn't even know until yesterday that Trump just made a speech in MN where he mentioned his support for actual genetic white supremacy. It's always the most disgusting and ugly people who believe in it, as they lack anything else to recommend themselves by. Never anybody smart or beautiful or interesting or witty or creative. Never.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:17 am

We're literally at the cusp of dictatorship with Trump floating the idea that the vote outcome can be gotten around. Every politician of both parties should be calling for his instant removal.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:13 pm

I'm pretty worried still, even minus any :shenanigans:
that it's very likely at this point that Democrats will win the popular vote in every election but one in the last thirty years, from 1992 to 2020, and alarmingly possible that the GOP will still be in power next year, and instead of realizing that our republic cannot continue like this without a popular vote constitutional amendment, their leaders will only entrench the gerrymandering via laws and installing justices who will approve it, leading to a long winter for representative democracy.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:33 pm

Trump throwing powers around like that are an attempt to sap our will to vote. We really need to overwhelmingly turn out and vote hard as we can, and really really rebuke GOP leadership as much as possible.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:38 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:41 am

The tax return story in the NY Times is interesting, in that it laid bare what was pretty much accepted: Trump isn't a billionaire, he's a conman living on credit. When things crash down and he has to pay $420 million dollars, while having less than $1 million in securities that could be liquidated to pay it, it will be interesting to say the least. Let us hope he is not president when that bill comes due.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:35 am

The hardcore maga people still won't be moved but it might be one more small blow to some independent and gop voters.
It's hardly shocking though. Trump keeps borrowing a ton of money and has trouble paying it back ot the point that one of the few banks willing ot lend to him was one who has admitted laundering Russian money.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Weird timing that his former campaign manager just had some kind of psychological breakdown with gun in hand...
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:29 pm

Eeep, glad to know his wife is ok.

One thing that I'd like to improve on myself, is when hearing a negative story on Trump, fearing it won't matter, and when hearing a (seemingly) positive one, fearing it'll convince all the undecideds. It's exhausting.

And for the most part, I've been most wrong about "positive" stories moving the needle. Fact is, seems most Americans can see through something like yelling "Law and Order" after being impeached for high crimes and encouraging bad apples, or seeing him give direct money to seniors for prescriptions after 4 years of apathy and healthcare antagonism as it's nothing more than trying to buy votes.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Or authorizing $3 billion in hurricane aid for Puerto Rico, 3 years after the hurricane hit, but just 2 months before the election when there's a tight race in Florida...
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:29 am

Trump and Melania both positive for COViD-19.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:10 am

I wish them a speedy recovery. I also worry that, should he end up being asymptomatic, he will come out the other side of this experience with an even greater disdain for wearing a mask and social distancing.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:46 am

Agreed on both counts.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:19 am

My empathy isn't selective. Get well soon. But also that empathy doesn't cloud the facts.

You can believe this is an October Surprise or you can believe this was an inevitability precipitated by ones own actions.

I wonder if he'll count this as a blue state or red state transmission.

Return to “Nerd Talk”