Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby akiva » Wed May 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Today I noticed one of Trump's newest tricks--he and his campaign contradict each other, so he can have it both ways! The issue was his big fundraiser for vets (held in January). At the event, he crowed that the event had raised over $6 million; now he says he never said that (except that there's video of him doing it). His campaign says that the total raised was about $4.5 million; Trump contradicts them. He said he'd donate $1 million of his own; as of yesterday he hadn't done it. But after several journalists yesterday said that they'd found no evidence that he'd donated anything, he pledges $1 million to a specific charity. When asked if he only made the pledge today because of the investigation, he ducked the question by calling the questioner a bad person.
Reel on a repeating loop
salvation122
Infrared Drone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby salvation122 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed May 25, 2016 7:34 pm

The veterans donation bullshit is all by itself disqualifying to be considered a decent or serious human being, much less President material. I raised six million! Because by God no woman bleeding out of her whatever (hey, your twisted mind is the problem here, not my words!) is going to moderate MY debates. So I threw a fundraiser and congratulated myself for raising 6 mil. Except facts show I didn't! Okay, I never said that. Oh wait, yes I did - some commie jerk taped me saying that. But I raised a LOT and that's really good, and it's other people's fault if it wasn't 6 million. Oh wait, you mean I never gave the million I pledged? Well, let me see what ad hoc defense I can concoct... oh yes, was vetting charities. It takes time. The one I picked I have already given a quarter million dollars to. So you know, it needed more vetting. Except I still haven't given them the million I promised. Ooops. It's my campaign manager's fault. We seldom communicate, probably.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Wed May 25, 2016 9:24 pm

Some of your arguments are valid. However #NeverHillary... I rest my case. You may continue to hate on the #TrumpTrain, but he is my pick for the 2016 election. Here's hoping we survive!
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Hillary is just barely to the left of George Bush and just barely to the right of Obama. I'm not thrilled about her, but there's no reason for the extreme hate and no reason to fear her presidency. On everything substantial, the country will simply stay the course... the same course it's been on since before her husband was elected.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 25, 2016 9:39 pm

And in case the implied contrast wasn't obvious, let me finish that thought:

...as opposed to Trump, who is truly a danger to our republic. No question.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu May 26, 2016 7:02 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 26, 2016 7:38 am

Barely to the left of Reagan?
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu May 26, 2016 7:41 am

Reel on a repeating loop
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Thu May 26, 2016 7:53 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 26, 2016 8:37 am

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu May 26, 2016 9:21 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu May 26, 2016 9:30 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Thu May 26, 2016 9:36 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 26, 2016 10:13 am

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu May 26, 2016 10:23 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 26, 2016 10:24 am

And akiva, you're absolutely correct that the differences between the parties is more significant than I'm admitting. I was being a bit disingenuous in order to try to make a point. It didn't feel right as I was doing it, and I can't really defend it.

I still maintain that there is way too much stuff that the two major parties not only completely agree on, but also agree not to even talk about. However, the differences they do have actually have real effects that make a difference... as you pointed out.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 26, 2016 10:32 am

akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu May 26, 2016 11:05 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 26, 2016 11:16 am

How dare you? In my own house.

Good day, sir.

Return to “Nerd Talk”