Democrats

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Democrats

Postby Kyle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:29 pm

That’s why he should leave the site. He can’t help himself but to emulate an edgelord from 2003. It’s gross. Quit the site.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Hey I'm not thinking that! Just suggesting(accurately) that its prob what Kamala is thinking! When leaked audio have her saying this exact quote you will see!
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:45 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:50 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:55 pm

I can be BLUNT sometimes but the spirit of what I said ring true, the disdain the establishment has for upstarts is noted, Bill Clinton off handing that OBAMA should be fetching coffee not running against his wife is a good example, and KAMALA had it all, the money, the support, the donors, she just didn't have any actual voters that cared about anything she had to say, I was meaning to communicate that disdain that she must have for someone like Mayor Pete(who I dislike for different reasons). I'm not going to say I'm sorry but I will attempt to at least give my thoughts more context in the future.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:07 pm

No, your context was clear. I still found it gross and told you so.

You give enough of a shit about this community to keep investing in it after 15 years, and yet your right to be offensive and never have to apologize for yourself is still paramount over any consideration for other members of the community.

"I'm sorry if it bothered you, so I'll be sure to explain it better next time," is a pathetic attempt at conciliation. I'm not asking for better explanations of why you ignore the feelings of others, I'm asking for actual consideration and respect.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:53 pm

He does this every time. Then he goes on twitter and brags about how he trolls us. It’s pathetic. The tragedy is that he’s actually smart, but hides it behind offensive trolling. Ban him. Fuck you, mime. You’re a pathetic edgelord.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:14 am

Only black woman in the race is smeared for being tough on crime, as if that's a negative, and in fact her tenure as AG was notable for meaningful progressive reform. Media continued to push the same narrative about her that every Russian bot on Twitter was pushing, despite the actual lack of evidence supporting it, because Trump didn't make up the concept of fake news out of nowhere. Next the DCCC will be calling me for donations and I will ask why they have continually advanced the candidacy of a far less qualified white man over a black woman even though the white man has ZERO percent support in the polls from the very voters the Democratic party depends on to win elections. Meanwhile, Kamala Harris absolutely was not opposed by black voters - it's a disgusting lie perpetuated by the media that she was. And don't even get me started on the fact that we have that colossal fool woman standing on stage still. The problems in our politics go way deeper than Trump. While I'm at it I might add that Bernie Sanders is being completely ignored by major media outlets including PBS, as if by simply pretending he doesn't exist, the massive interest in his candidacy will evaporate and shift to Warren. UGH to this whole BS process.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Always viewed KH as a top tier candidate, and she never really left the top 5. It's weird. If she didn't do great in one debate she'd probably still be in. Though I do agree, as a black woman she got the brunt of the bad American biases.

I think they will re-look at the way they do things, as they do every election. Billionaires buying into the process is something I don't think the DNC wants, though maybe I'm naive, the arc of nomination processes is long but bends towards fairness. Fix this, reform the primary calendar, end caucuses...

Is Sanders your next step? I went from Gillibrand to Warren, and that was relatively easy for me, but I have no idea who I'll move my support to if she gets knocked out. That might be my settle with Joe moment.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:43 pm

No idea. I think I'll just support whoever the nominee is, and use my primary vote to vote for whoever is still in the race against Trump. Isn't it Weld, still? Somebody. Or sometimes I vote Libertarian so that they can continue to qualify for various races, and I think it would be useful to have a more powerful Libertarian party in my state. What we really need is a conservative party of sincere Christians who actually care about people and accept Facts as Real, and a conservative party of insincere Christians who are hostile to everyone and care nothing for facts, since those are the only real choices we get, and one has to ferret around to figure out the difference in down-ballot races. If they would just label themselves differently it would be a lot easier.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:52 pm

Jill Stein ruined third parties for me (though I did like the Libertarian party who spoiled the Kansas governor race saying they were glad the GOP guy lost because of them). I'll be excited once ranked-choice-voting becomes widespread, spoiling will go away, and I'll be more likely to vote for my fricken favorite candidate instead of picking between the top two most likely winners.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Handful of points.

1.The word troll like many other words after constant use has no meaning anymore, I didn't write my comment to make anyone mad, but to express how I viewed how dismissive and condescending Kamala must feel to her adversaries, a tone I picked up on during debates and my overall feeling of her viewpoints and policies. If you interpreted that as me being a "edgelord" and "trolling" I guess my reply to that is your reality isn't more important then mine and it doesn't gaslight me into thinking I came here to make some arbitrary and senseless comment against what you see as poor beleaguered people groups.

2.I doubt you can even FIND me on twitter never mind guess my motives for posting on this forum(I guess genuinely engaging with the topics here is off the table) and I have NEVER in my 15 years felt the need to insult anyone here or suggest they leave the site because I don't enjoy what they have to say.

3.Kamala NEVER polled that well and the narrative that Bernie bros pushed the "Kamala is a cop" angle out of thin racist air and not because of ya know, the words she has said or the actions they have taken is already gaining traction among the K-hive but it's still quite false.

4.I don't cotton to demonizing third party folks, people that feel so marginalized by the system that they are reaching for ANYTHING that resembles someones concerns.

I think this is a fairly even minded look at her campaign.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wh ... gn-failed/
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:00 pm

I'm glad you feel some need to rationalize what you've done, edgelord. What would work better is stop repeating your offensive horseshit. Now quit the site, asshole.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Nothing but love here. ;-)

Here's ANOTHER good article about Kamala.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/12 ... ala-harris
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:24 pm

You would really need to be a giant(invisible text on to spare the sensitive) to allow someone to do this to you! What a strange election that's getting weirder by the day!

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... re-921888/
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:25 pm

I don't know who pushed the Kamala cop bullshit but what did she ever do as AG that was supposed to be so offensive? It's all a bunch of crap. Truancy law? Yeah, kids started staying in school and Harris was not in fact jailing people because of this. She didn't prosecute Mnuchin? They didn't have the evidence and resources to make that case stick, but the non-experts with self-bestowed law degrees were happy to opine. I'm sure she would have loved to win but it was instead going to be years of protracted litigation costing the state millions more than people would hope to get in compensation. Are people mad that she didn't let all the drug offenders go free, since the AG shoulda broke those laws rather than enforcing them? Are we mad she wasn't the legislature and entire court system as well? All bullshit.

The many hot takes in the media today, talking about how she never explained why she should be president are also a bunch of bullshit. It's one thing to disagree with a candidate's policies or character or whatever, and another thing to make up crap about her without evidence. The Intercept in particular is beneath contempt in that regard.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:05 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:55 pm

Depends on the situation.

1.The spoilers i Posted I did so in a moment of excitement about a film and when you correctly pointed out that hey not everyone has seen it and realizing my intention was never to stop someone from enjoying a piece of art I corrected.

2.But on that same token in a thread talking about the people running to be the most POWERFUL PERSON IN THE WORLD, I don't cotton to being tone checked, I have a lot of disdain and ire reserved for many of what I see the sociopaths running for office and I like to blow off some steam and just kind of off hand my observations from the peanut gallery. I know WORD POLICING is a religion now, get in line, stay in line, an ya best not draw outside the line because we are ready and willing to send you upstairs so Nurse Ratchet can electrocute you back to a passive state.

3.and as someone who was called homo a lot in grade school I feel some ownership of that insult! I'm taking away the power from a very hurtful insult used against me numerous times!

4.And your hypothetical is simple, my response is situational based on what was said and who is making the request from me but in most cases I would offer the chagrined glad hand.

5.And I do believe with a simple look back at the thread that I completely capitulated at first suggesting that I need to soften my annoyance with the presidential candidates in this forum by perhaps framing my thoughts with more context and I just got MOTHERFUCKED for my troubles. Not fair not right! IE an example would be "Considering the way she snipped at others in debates one would have to think Kamala is seething behind the scenes and railing against what she must see as "some upstart homo" being able to last longer then her or something, maybe that makes zero difference, maybe that makes all the difference.

6.And are you guys really HAPPIER being this uptight all the time? in the other forum I used to make a lot of islamic jokes and as response kyle made a urban dictionary deal for me that STILL makes me laugh to this day.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... mimekiller

I'm not saying you need to find everything I say delightful or funny or never call me out on something you find wrong but its a total 1-10 of SAY YOU"RE SORRY OR GET FUCKED TILL YOU DIE MOTHER FUCKER NOW SHOW SOME RESPECT

Return to “Nerd Talk”