Democrats

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Democrats

Postby Phoebe » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:40 pm

Amen. Obama should have made a recess appointment of Garland. These people are bereft of all morals, and that doesn't mean decent people should lose their own, but it does mean we need to respond realistically. We're dealing with angry, irrational assholes who are hoarding ammo.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:59 am

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... reme-court

A hopeful take on Democrat options going forward.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:36 pm

It's war, you know, at least some of them get it. I felt the most horrid physical sensations after learning about RBG - it's like we were all living cheerfully under a big umbrella designed to preserve "Bodily Autonomy", and someone came along and smashed it suddenly. You don't have time to see where they hurt the umbrella or what their precise motives were before you react with a little bit of pure terror. That terror fuels a lot of people who know what it's like, however briefly, to lack bodily autonomy. We know the enemy doesn't want that for women.

Return to “Nerd Talk”