Democrats

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Democrats

Postby mimekiller » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Does anyone actually believe this? Biden already coming up with stories hahahaha

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ssion=true

Part of me really really wants to see Biden get nominated and lose to Trump so the Democratic Party realizes centrists don't work and AOC becomes the 2024 frontrunner.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:58 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 pm

I like your analysis. I like Klobuchar a lot better than most people do, but I don't know that realistically she's going to win this thing. I think the people complaining about her management style are being big babies, btw. When you dig into the details, the stories really embarrass the people who complain more than they say anything about her.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:00 pm

I can see all that, and I understand her appeal for you, but yeah, she's a longshot unless something drastic happens.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:18 am

Running for VP, running for attorney general, etc?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:02 pm

I hope he wins now! Our first Republican only presidential election!

https://www.salon.com/2019/04/25/when-i ... t_partner/
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:45 pm

That level of bullshit hyperbole is super unhelpful.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Obama picked Biden specifically to pander to moderate Republicans. The fact that he is being rolled out to lead us through a slow, painful repeat of 2016 is incomprehensible to me.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:06 pm

must have been cathartic to release years of aggression and resentment with this post. Yowza!

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/26/joe-bide ... nt-racism/
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:12 pm

I love Uncle Joe and he's a completely all-purpose toucher and handler of human beings no matter what or who they are, so I will not with this metoo at him.
People are more mad at him about Anita Hill today than they are at Clarence Thomas. This pretty much says everything you need to know about woke culture today.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed May 01, 2019 7:51 am

Glad to see Cory Booker and the dumbest people on my facebook are on the same page. What a inspiring pack of candidates!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/30/politics ... index.html

One party system :deadhorse:
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 02, 2019 7:59 am

I love Kamala Harris, so I have to know why mime doesn't like her. Is this one of those situations where she was too hard on the pot dealers or something, despite her unusually pro-legalization stance, and I would like her even more because she is a tough prosecutor? Or does he as a Californian know something we don't? Tell me before I send her $$$....
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 02, 2019 8:06 am

I get that Warren might be toxic because she is too much of a strait-laced straight man for Trump's bullshitting, mocking rhetoric, and she takes the bait way too easily. I sympathize because I'm a dope like that too, but then, maybe I see it as a weakness in us.
I get that Gabbard is a looneytunes of some sort; being pro-assad really disqualifies you from running for dog catcher.
But otherwise is there some reason why we can't have one of the women? Is there something wrong with Gillibrand and Harris? I'm sure mayor Pete is great, but I'm struggling to see what that relative novice to the arena and two old dudes who are proven campaign losers are offering that is so much sweeter beyond their white male nature. I could have excuse the media's praise band for Biden and Sanders as born of familiarity and their built in polling status as frontrunners, but mayor Pete throws a wrench in that theory, because they are absolutely prostrating themselves before him for things that the women candidates actually do as well or better than he does, with far more experience. Go figure. I think the eatablished media people have a weird notion that Hillary performed poorly because she was female and not because she had such strong built in unfavorables, and the race came down to a few key electoral College states despite her winning more votes than Trump.
Tangent: it also kills me to see so much energy going into changing the electoral college, when maybe we could be doing something comparable about the Census that is going to have a far greater impact on those disparities in just a short time now!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu May 02, 2019 8:28 am

Reel on a repeating loop
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu May 02, 2019 4:12 pm

MAYOR PETE is cool because it would make me laugh if a gay guy got to be president before a woman. I know I know that dastardly mimekiller.

I mean the extreme left hates Kamala with that whole Kamala is a cop thing because she I don't know, enforced truancy laws or something. I don't really have a huge problem with her outside a gut feeling she will continue to drone brown people into salsa bits and love every second of it.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 03, 2019 6:12 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri May 03, 2019 6:54 am

Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Sat May 04, 2019 2:26 am

Why do people keep saying Tlsi is "pro-assad"? She met with him, on a trip primarily sponsored by assad and his supporters? She won't call him a war criminal? alright, I can dig it. That makes sense.

So, who is Bashar Assad? Well, he's the current internationally recognized head of state for Syria. To the best of my knowledge, there are no UN security Council resolutions authorizing us to remove him from power. He is basically the head of the most powerful political bloc in Syria. He is definitely one of, if not the most important, belligerent in the Syrian civil war. Yeah, if we want to do some sort of peaceful resolution to this Syria thing? He needs to be someone we talk to.

Congress has the power to form treaties and declare war. Congressmembers maybe, I dunno, should talk to the belligerents in a war we're involved in and see what's up.

I just don't understand the syria thing. Like, what are we gonna do about it? And if the answer to that questio nis somethign involving the military, we need to ask ourselves: Are we absolutely sure we need to be involved? I mean, we've tried regime change in Afghanistan and Iraq. We haven't really done a good job at managing the chaos afterwards. And, are we gonna try this in Syria? Why? That's a horrible idea.

Bashar is a horrible dude, no doubt about it. His government is evil. But we can't do anything about it, and our continued participation in the conflict only serves to weaken us internationally.

realistically, maybe we need to be pro-assad.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 08, 2019 6:51 am

I feel like we should have a consistent anti-vicious-tyrant who gasses people stance. I get that we sometimes do business with the wicked for some hope of greater good, but that doesn't make it ok if it's the best among all bad choices. I'm goal setting here, not doing a past referendum.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed May 08, 2019 5:08 pm

People really arguing about polls in a 20 person field before the first debate has even happened.

Return to “Nerd Talk”