What are you watching?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What are you watching?

Postby akiva » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:52 pm

I contend that "Ozymandias" is the best hour of TV drama ever made--it pulled together so many things, and was a superb climax to the series.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:56 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Oooh, i didn't even know that. Wow. So the setup is not even that he's paying for his illness or trying to help his family out by turning to this in desperation. I have to go watch episode one again this weekend, OMG.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:39 pm

Yeah, his college buddy who became a millionaire offered to foot the bill, and he refused it and then lied to them before going home and lying to Skylar.

I don't think it was before his first batch of meth, but it was at a point where he could have simply walked away clean.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:42 pm

WHOA. Did not even see that part. This is what sucks about getting lured into a show by the husband and not having religiously watched the first few episodes. The moral nuance of why the guy was dealing drugs was probably not high up on the list of things to talk about when I jumped in and was trying to figure out who Jesse was and what was going on here.

Also Walt reminded us of Peter at that time, like a Peter in much older age, so we weren't really thinking of him as the bad guy.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:55 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:32 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:35 pm

And the good news from today I have found the ultimate couple I ship. *Editor's note: the older and more reliably expert kid told me this is still called "shipping". Back to topic:
Seriously though have you ever seen anything so cute?
<3 <3
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:01 am

Feeling deeply and personally affronted by Interior Design Masters.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:55 am

Is anyone watching the terrible space show (on Netflix, a Netflix show?) with Starbuck actress from Battlestar Galactica? And is anyone watching Mars (Netflix or Amazon prime maybe?)? Husband watches both so I get to osmose and have critique. Boy howdy do I have critique, though the Mars one is interesting because it's as much about how the flaws of humanity are going to *** up anything we do as it is about anything else related to Mars. Hopefully there are no school drop off / pick up lines on Mars. They should build that feature into whatever colony is planted.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 am

Billions Season 4
Have watched snippets of this show for a while now; watched about three-four hours of this season plus the season finale and that was sufficient for full enjoyment.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:55 pm

Negative to the two science ficion shows mentioned by Pheobe.

BUT another SF show I have been watching is Mandlorion, a Star Wars series that's PERFECTLY FINE, Of course its fun to have new Star Wars on a weekly basis and pew pew, and Jawas and bounty hunters and all that fun stuff. But its just OK, I'm actually pleased as punch with the brisk nature of the show(running about 30-35 minutes), something to look forward to every weekend along with Rick and Morty and Watchmen.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Sounds interesting!
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:06 pm

The ending of The Man In The High Castle made absolutely zero sense with the established rules of the universe. What a absolutely mediocre show.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:49 am

Need a new Netflix or Prime show... What's good of the new crop?
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:04 am

We've been watching "Dublin Murders." I've read 3 of the books, and they're fantastic. The show is good, too, although some of the changes from the book seem a bit questionable to me.
Reel on a repeating loop
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:09 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:59 pm

How many shows about Carlos the jackal could possibly exist? I've seen them all. I'm really not even interested in the guy or any of that period/type of history.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:37 am

Dolemite is my Name.

Netflix was shoving this one at me hard, and I finally gave in and watched it. If you haven't yet, you should. Now I want to watch the original Dolemite movie.

Return to “Nerd Talk”