What are you watching?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What are you watching?

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:47 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Watching the Victoria series - the PBS one that is on Amazon prime. This is not going to be one of those Cranford situations where I get sucked in for a fabulous season 1 and then bitterly refuse to pay extra for season 2 and beyond. I am paying for Amazon Prime already, people, and I want my money's worth. But luckily Victoria is just good enough a show to support watching in the background of other tasks, and not over the top good.

The man watches Game of Thrones and I live with the man, so there it is. Everyone involved with any aspect of this is psycho, that's all.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Dave Chappelle just slays me, a man at the top of his game that has nothing left to prove, I hope he continues to make specials/shows everything but if he wants to vape in peace god bless(two new specials on the Netflix)

haha always forget Pheobe of your not only HATE for GOT but suggestion that everyone involved is a raping mad man hahaha hilarious
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:39 am

Truth! Keep in mind the first scenes I saw, upon being woken from a contented slumber at some god-awful wee hour, were the Khaleesi eating a heart and being raped by her husband, in no particular order I can recall. I was assured the books were better; they were even more full of child rape and incestuous weirdness than the show, so... I do think the books gave us more better direwolf stuff. I was disappointed there wasn't more done with the direwolf in the show. Not sure about books as I gave up on that dumb crap pretty quickly. I have better books to read!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Brooklyn 99... FUNNY. The whole family watches. I love this show. We are in season 3 now.

Black Mirror... just watched the first episode of S4. Good. Creepy. This one stepped a little outside their comfort zone, but it was Star Trek themed, so I'm in.

Travelers... I adored season 1. Just saw that season 2 was out and watched the first episode last night. I am just as hooked as last time.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:58 pm

El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Travelers Season 2 is finished for me, and it was worth. Hell, it would have been worth it just for the Continuum actors showing up. The resolution has me insanely curious for future plans.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:19 pm

Poldark
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Game of Thrones, which has all these cool things (spoilers? ), and then has a bunch of nonsense mixed in (more g.).

Anyway, it amuses me while I do other things and the man seems to like it, so... there it is.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Airplane repo. Guys repossessing airplanes, boats, and luxury cars and toys from rich folks who didn’t pay the bills.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Watched the first 8 episodes of season 2 of travelers in a flu like daze but I Really liked it a lot and the groundhogs day episode was a kick in the pants.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:43 am

"I know you see the funny and you're trying to suppress it because you think it's offensive, but I see the funny and I can't hide it."

Re: American Vandal. Yeah, I see what is supposed to be funny here, but... it's not funny. :suspect:
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:03 pm

I wanted to LOVE American Vandal, and it did make me chuckle, but I found that parsing out episodes over the course of a couple weeks help me dig it a bit more.

Also how familiar are you with the parody subject, making of a murderer, serial podcast, etc. Now for a truly great satire that shouldn't matter to much but it does help.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:14 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Stranger Things is weird in Season 2, I don't really know what's up. It's like they keep making up for a lack of compelling storyline by playing really loud scary music at weird moments. I'm just not into it. Maybe it will improve. I like the angry girl I guess.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:17 am

Watching Stranger Things. Husband: hmmm, Eleven really reminds me of you.
Me: (eyeroll. wtf now?)
Husband: you know... all the telekinesis. And Mike was possessed by the devil, so...
Me: ???
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:46 am

Your husband has been obsessed with telekinesis for as long as I've known him.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:21 pm

He ruined one of my old tuxedo shirts when he painted himself red to go as the devil for Halloween.

(It was a shirt I did not need anymore and we knew it would be ruined.)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:25 pm

Lol I still have a photo of that, and the light up clip on horns and the tail. Maybe there's something deeper here we have missed.

Return to “Nerd Talk”