Good Feminist

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Good Feminist

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:58 pm

It's the radical feminists, now identified as bigots for their gender theories. I know some of them really do say transphobic, hateful things, but now just disagreeing politely with a specific gender theory is enough to be booted. One of the most well-known radical feminists was booted because she referred to someone by the wrong pronoun even when it was not a case of misgendering, because the person also self-referred in that way. It's beyond me. I don't want to talk about it in public because I feel that people who really don't believe in transgender freedom are using this dispute to hurt trans people, and I don't want to be part of that. But banning lesbians who insist on not wanting to have sex with trans women? None of this is helping secure trans safety or rights. It is alienating people who should be supporters. We are getting so far away from the commitment to human dignity and freedom that should rule here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:16 pm

deadnaming isn't even recognized by spellcheck but its such a wide spread issue that people ARE getting kicked off twitter for it, we do live in a strange world.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Yeah, that's why I think it has to be something specifically targeted, because people are complaining about it. Otherwise the things they're saying look like normal everyday sentences. And to be honest they really are.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm almost certain Mike brought up the subject of Baby It's Cold Outside before, a long time ago, so now that there's a controversy with a radio station or more not playing it, I was like, yeah, we covered that. Next?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:20 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:51 am

We already covered this topic like at least a year ago. The cultural vanguard, we are.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:53 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:58 am

I prefer to think of us as kind of a low-fee investment vehicle.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:09 am

Why are the loudest feminists now angry - I mean, like "these people should be hit with baseball bats and that's okay" levels of angry - with radical feminists who don't think prostitution is okay, think that it should be illegal, or support the Nordic model or something? Why? The radical feminists do make it impossible for anyone to throw support behind them because of the mean things they say about transgender people, as if the only people who were the targets of such comments were the people threatening them with baseball bats, as opposed to a twelve-year-old on the internet who isn't sure he is an acceptable human being. Nevertheless, they aren't wrong. They need to find a way to express their message with some compassion for everyone, and an explanation of how it helps everyone including transgender people.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:19 pm

You're going to see a lot of Left women who are uggos turning against AOC soon. Due to jealousy
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:20 pm

What is AOC? Do I even want to ask?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:33 pm

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:41 am

So... Mime thinks ugly leftist women will change to a negative opinion of her due to jealousy? I was told they were all lesbian separatists! How the times have changed.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 am

LOL, temp banned from Twitter because I factually, neutrally, pointed out that someone misquoted someone else, which she did indeed do. And all three of us are professional "equals" - like, these aren't random people you might argue with on the internet and I was being serious and polite - so it's even better. In the professional world, people actually care about s*** like attorneys directly misquoting someone else. There's this "honesty" thing. The best part is that this exposure has convinced me to actually weigh in on this subject in a professional manner rather than just navel gazing about it on NPR. These people are so freaking pathetic they need some help, and I am seldom in the position to be a helper, but I'll do it for the children.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:03 am

Well, I have prevailed with the Twitter police. What do you know. The present combat between feminists is grim. I wonder who benefits when the feminists viciously fight one another, lol.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Through no planning on my own I will be attending(at least in part) the womans march in San Francisco on Sat(going to a onsie bar crawl with the lady and it just happens to be in the same part of town) I hope no one thinks I hate jews! Really bad people!

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premiu ... -1.6846187
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:39 pm

But do you have one of those pink hats?! Very surprised the baseball-bat wielding TRA contingent doesn't go around snatching them, because material bodies aren't even real.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:29 pm

lol so believe it or not I was nervous enough jumping in the march and getting a pic taken and clearly jumping out of the march and going about my life. Didn't want to push the issue with pink hats haha.

Also

The Future is indeed female.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... cb18b54a21
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:05 pm

I know that y'all think that picture of the black hole is too much and you're going crazy, so you will feel me when I say, I am not happy that some organized group of s*** heads is trying to steal the credit from the woman who was largely responsible for bringing that to us. This is why women might think twice about becoming astronomers, because if they're not being harassed by their professors and fellow grad students (numerous scandals in this category in recent years), they do something totally awesome to bring great joy to the world and their thanks is being harassed and vilified all across the internet. I hope all of those people accidentally sit in dog poop.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:36 pm

People are basically ignoring Chelsea Manning being in jail rn because they know it’s quixotic and pointless

Return to “Nerd Talk”