Car Pennies

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Car Pennies

Postby Kyle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:42 am

It happened! I finally got rid of my car pennies!

So in my car, I have two compartments in my dash board. In one I put all my non-penny change. In the other I put all my pennies. Over the years, I accumulated over 300 pennies in the penny compartment (I regularly spend the non-penny change on cokes and what not). I didn't want to pay coinstar to take them, and my bank makes me roll them myself.

But then I discovered that my local Home Depot's self checkout registers TAKE PENNIES. For real. So whenever I buy something there, I take a handful of pennies in with me- normally 20-25. I dump those into it first and then put the rest on my debit card.

This morning I had to buy a mini-hacksaw, and decided to use up the rest of my pennies. It turns out I had 71 left. But by god, I got my hacksaw and got rid of all my pennies.

It's a good day.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Car Pennies

Postby Iantha » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:17 pm

Huh, cool! For a minute I really thought this was going to be like the ass pennies video Paul showed me way back in the day.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Ass pennies rocks.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:49 am

My credit union counts change for free for members. I love my credit union good.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Return to “Nerd Talk”