The Orville

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

The Orville

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:02 am

Stupid as it is, I found the most recent episode (Claire and Simon) to be positively charming.

But more importantly, the moment Bortus asked for a mustache, I saw the arc of the subplot. I knew he'd get a mustache, it'd be silly, and by the end he'll have to shave it off, because his husband hates it. I knew that. But once I SAW the 'stache... I was hoping against hope that he could keep that thing. It was full Selleck, and it was glorious! They could have kept it for a handful of episodes at least.

Of course, they didn't.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Orville

Postby WillyGilligan » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Bortus is probably my favorite source of stories now. He can be silly mustachio, and then stuff like Deflectors happens. There was a weird moment where I thought the main plot was giving me a hint about the Ed and Kelly subplot, but I was wrong. That ending, though.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Re: The Orville

Postby Zen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:48 am

My son really likes the series and convinced me to watch it over his break. It really is quite good and getting better in the second season.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “Nerd Talk”