Snack Food Review

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Snack Food Review

Postby Ronster » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:19 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ronster » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:22 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:06 pm

I'm sorry, man. Around here, it's everywhere that has candy. I hope you get to try one soon, cuz it's unique among American candy bars.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Do you like spicy peppers? Do you like Peanut M&Ms? If the answer to either of those is no, then these are not for you. No harm, no foul, you never need to try them.

On the other hand, if you like peanut M&Ms and can enjoy a spicy kick in your food, give it a shot.

I LOVE THESE! They are so good!

I've tried spicy candies before--most recently the hot Skittles and hot Starburst--and I've never understood the appeal before. But this is different. You can taste the pepper. It's not just capsaicin dumped in for heat, it's real flavor, and it pairs so well with the chocolate/peanut flavor I already love. It's hot enough to really feel it, but not so much as to make it an endurance challenge. These are just really well designed.

I've learned something here, and it's exciting. Now the chocolate and spice combo of Cincinnati chili is starting to make more sense. I'm willing to give more hot/sweet combos a chance now.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:05 am

Ouch. That image won’t hold up.
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:25 am

M&Ms are cancelled.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:03 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:36 am

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi-Chew > Starburst
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Burger King fries expanded in size (portion overall not larger, but the individual fry itself has increased in girth).
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:30 am

Good but not worth the calories. I could only have a few to sample. If I'm going to dig into bad nutrition it had better be for steak fries or giant crinkle fries or something really worth it.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Milky Way Salted Caramel

Flavor: 8.5 It takes a sweet soft caramel and adds the savor (and sometimes crunch) of salt.
Consistency: 7.5 The slight crunch of salt costs this bar .5
Coating: 8 milk chocolate, not as thick as the original. It doesn't take away from the caramel flavor
Mouth Feel: 8.5 chew it or let it melt...both are nice experiences
Portion size: 9 Two bars, but not overly large. Ideal size
Sweetness: 8.5 The salt keeps the sweetness from being "much, too much" Well played, Milky Way people (Hey, that's us!)

This is a recommended experience 4.5/5 pancreases

I found mine at Quiktrip
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Flavor: 6.5 A bit bland
Consistency: 7 Mostly fluffy marshmallow filling
Coating: 8 milk chocolate. not as thick as a Reese's, but pleasant and not waxy
Mouth Feel: 9 It has bits of coconut in the marshmallow and it is pleasant to eat
Portion size: 8 Four pieces/cups. Adequate for a king size
Sweetness: 8.5 Not overly sweet, but definitely sweet enough to make you put a reminder in your phone to brush especially well before bed.
This is a recommended experience 3.5 / 5 insulin pumps

I found mine at Tractor Supply. Also available on Amazon
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Roasted dried chick peas. 100%. Perfect.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:51 am

I have added the tart-monsters known as raspberries to my diet. Chick peas on the other hand will not make the grade for me. Almonds, yes.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:04 am

Flavor: 7.5 if you like peanut butter
Consistency: 9 crunchy, sticky, and crispy with none of that hollow disappointment of Rice Crispies treats
Coating: 8 milk chocolate. melts easily. A thin coating that barely veils the caramel lurking below
Mouth Feel: 9.5 crispy and the smooth with a little bit of crunch to it.
Portion size: 7 Adequate for a king size, but too big for this bar due to overbearing sweetness. Perfect size for four people to share.
Sweetness: 9.5 So sweet that you have to wait a few minutes between bites...This is the point at which the overpowering sweetness diminishes the enjoyment. So sad.

If Reese's Pieces and Butterfinger had a delicious baby this would be it.
This is a recommended experience of 4 / 5 sugar comas
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:56 am

Most Stuf Oreos

Maybe Oreos aren't for everyone. And even if they are, I totally understand that this is A LOT of creme for most people. But let me tell you a story:

My earliest memory of Oreos is being four and my mom chewing me out for opening the oreo, eating the creme only, then ditching the cookie. So I learned to eat creme first, then crappy cookie, and eventually learned to build my own double stuf oreos--pull apart two cookies, stick the creme halves together, eat the two lonely chocolate wafers, and then reward yourself with a double creme Oreo. [Note that Joey Raneiri NEVER ate the chocolate part and he NEVER got in trouble for it. One of many reasons I resented him.]

I clearly was not alone in my Oreo engineering, because Nabisco came out with Double Stuf. And it turns out that the new cookies did not affect my Oreo eating process in any way. I went right on pulling apart Double Stufs and jamming them together to make Quadruple Stuf cookies. Friggin awesome. [Unless you have milk for proper dunking, and then Double is exactly the right amount of Stuf.]

So now I have the option of Most Stuf, which IS the quadruple. Aidan bought a small pack of these, and I had just one. It was amazing, but since it's essentially the same cookie I've eaten a hundred times, that's no surprise. Aidan also enjoyed it but then felt obligated to take the next logical step and put two of them together to make a Double Most Stuf Oreo (Octuple Stuf). It was a mistake. It was difficult to fit it into his face and difficult to chew. It's just too big, and not sturdy enough for biting it in half.

Interesting side note: at this level, the creme patty inside of a Most Stuf Oreo has enough structural integrity to reliably separate it from BOTH cookie wafers. So if one wanted to, they could dissect an entire package or two of these and construct an Oreo with any desired volume of filling. I would NOT do such a thing, but I couldn't just ignore that such a world exists.

Short version: do you like Double Stuf Oreos? Have you ever pulled two Double Stufs apart and reconstructed them to make a Double Double? If not, try it next time. There ya go... if you like that, you'll like Most Stuf. It's not rocket surgery.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:58 am

I need to figure out who in my household is like you so that they can give me all of their dry chocolate halves, which for me are the best part of the Oreo, and then they can construct one of these quads.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:03 am

I actually enjoy the wafers now, but in actuality the very best Oreos are Golden Double Stuf Oreos with milk.

Return to “Nerd Talk”