Hot Ones

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Hot Ones

Postby Kyle » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Just did the Hot Ones challenge (season 8 lineup) while interviewing my daughter for her birthday. I got all the all through it (including the last dab) and I cannot explain to you how transformative and painful this experience was. After it was over, there’s just a general panic that sets in and your brain stops coherency. It was really cool and fun. I think my ass is going to regret this tomorrow. Video may be posted eventually.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Hot Ones

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:36 am

Wooooooooooo!!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
SumDumTrim
Pastry Artisan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SumDumTrim » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:03 pm

This will change your life.

Also what a fun thing to do! I watch Hot Ones and end up at Buffalo Wild Wings, but I have never been your level of brave.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:20 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:23 pm

I have tried all three Hot Ones sauces. Classico is no big shakes, and The Last Dab is something you do specifically as a challenge. Los Calientes though... the best hot sauce I've ever tried. Phenomenal. More than hot enough to make you pay attention (#5 on the show), but tasty as all get-out.

My son has run through 2 bottles of it in five months and is looking to order 3 or 4 bottles next time to save on shipping.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:27 pm

I would love to try the whole challenge, but am not willing to fork out that money (and it scares me a lot).

Like I say, I did The Last Dab, but in isolation it is not the same I'm sure. It was actually tasty for just a moment, and I thought, "Hey, I could do this on a regular basis." And then the heat hit me and... no, no I can't.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:52 pm

My wife asks: did your toothbrush burn you the next morning?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:52 pm

I have a couple of Hot Ones mid range sauces that they have used over the years, totally right about the garlic reaper and DA BOMB will reduce me to a teary mess. I love it!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Amazing there are free toothbrushes being handed out in Texas! Not to divert your topic, but y'know .. I'm impressed that you did the tasting. This is not something I would ever do, unless maybe it means going from one to two stars at the local Thai restaurant.

Return to “Nerd Talk”