Live TV

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Live TV

Postby Kyle » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:08 pm

How much live TV do you watch? I watch about 30 minutes of the local news every morning while i drink coffee. That's it. Once football season ramps up, I'll probably watch 2 or 3 games on the weekend (so add 6-7 hours a week). We cut the cable, but my cable provider offers us the ability to stream all the local stations (and about 30 basic cable channels) for an extra 25 bucks a month.

So I guess I'm interested in knowing that too- how much live tv do you watch and what are you paying for live tv?
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: Live TV

Postby poorpete » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Being off cable for a decade I miss event TV and TCM and that's about it. Maybe weekend morning cartoon blocks too.

I get to see very little, but the Oscars, the Grammys, the final yearly sports games, and the occasional Musical is what I try to watch. Oh, and World Cup / Olympics too.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:22 pm

Me personally? Not a whole heck of a lot, maybe 30-60 minutes a day while grabbing lunch or dinner and before going to bed in the evening. Maybe a couple hours on Saturday and Sunday. When I do watch, it's either reruns of MASH or a movie on HBO or Starz. My wife usually used to have the TV on constantly as background noise, usually tuned to one of those home improvement channels or cooking shows. Lately, she's had it off more than on.

I don't know how much we pay each month. It's part of a package deal for our TV, telephone and internet access. And because I do IT work from home for health systems, we have a high-speed,m fiber optic internet connection, so it's not cheap. But it's offset in part as a business expense.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:24 pm

Just sports(GIANTS somehow became one of the hottest teams in baseball again) so like 4-5 hours a week depending on where the giants are playing.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:53 am

None, because I don't own a television.

Edit: At home, that is. Obviously, being at somebody else's place will change that.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:58 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Nerd Talk”