Something that will surprise us

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Something that will surprise us

Postby mimekiller » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:42 pm

So I think we all have a basic concept of what we look like to each other based on the very limited information we provide about ourselves and our overall tone. I think it would be fun to offer up one factoid about ourselves that would come as mostly a surprise to everyone who posts here as an example....

-My girlfriend that I live with is a special education teacher and I often spend time after work helping her develop curriculum and bounce ideas off her about how to handle her class.(and of course just listening to the trials and tribulations of working in the public school system)
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Re: Something that will surprise us

Postby El Jefe » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:46 pm

I don't remember if I've revealed this here or not.

I'm a pretty huge fan of a lot of musicals. Mostly 80's and forward, but a few older ones do get on that playlist.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:18 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:08 pm

I don't think there's much about me that would surprise anyone on the boards, as I think I've been pretty honest about things. I also have relatively low intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligences. I would be interested to know what facts, if revealed about me, would surprise people.

This one might qualify: despite being a music teacher, I don't really follow musical groups or composers to any great deal.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:24 pm

I'm with Darcs on this one, I think: I'm not sure what (if anything) about me would surprise people. I think I'm pretty predictable.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:21 am

No idea what would qualify. I'm in a state of permanent puzzlement over the RADICAL disconnect between internet experiences with people and real life experiences. I don't know what to say, I get along with basically every person I encounter, I'm quiet and harmless and people are always remarking on how cheerful and easy-going I seem to them. Shocking, I know. I don't know whether some inner truth that I'm a monstrous, nasty person is revealed via internet access, or what.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:25 am

Even fans of Caillou?
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:13 am

I turn those people into birds with my mind-rays so they shouldn't be counted here.

Return to “Nerd Talk”