Tattoos

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Tattoos

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:05 pm

So... who has tattoos and what are they and do they have a particular meaning for you or do you just like the image?

I ask because my lovely wife just got her first tattoo last week to celebrate her birthday. She's wanted a tattoo for 25 years, but it's only been in the last few months that she finally found one that called to her and made her happy. She got cherry blossoms on her foot. It's very cool.

And, whether you have tattoos already or not, what tattoo(s) would you like to get?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Tattoos

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Currently no tats for me.

I'd like to get a QR code tattooed somewhere inconspicuous that leads to a website saying, "If found, please return to..." and gives the name and number of my next of kin. :)

Seriously, I'd probably get something with a Celtic theme, like a Celtic knot or Celtic cross. I'd keep it small and easy to hide, since I'm still somewhat dependent on maintaining a professional appearance. So no full-back, fire-breathing dragon tattoos, at least not yet.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:14 pm

For me, I've got a few fandom things that I love enough to get tattoos of: Captain America's shield, Serenity (the ship), Belkar Bitterleaf, maybe Calvin & Hobbes. But none of them has ever really motivated me to go in. I've thought about a version of the Nerd Pride Radio logo. That would be pretty cool too.

Maybe for my birthday.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:19 pm

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:04 pm

I have the kids birthdays on the inside of both my forearms, and then the word "enthusiasm" on the inside of my left wrist. Marvin the Martian is on my right shoulder.

We have a family tattoo that my wife and two of my daughters currently have- it's essentially like and arrow shape with a single fletch for each of the ten members of our family. They all got it on the inside of their right calf. My middle son and I are going to go get that pretty soon.

I'm also going to get Shabadü on my right shoulder in classic heavy metal letters (it's my grandpa name) and I'm thinking of getting the Planet Express logo above it.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:22 pm

The font's not right- but something like this:

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:39 pm

A smaller version of this, with a blue dragon:

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:55 pm

I’m planning on getting one to remember my friend. I picked an artist last weekend, and am having a consultation with her on Saturday. I hope I’ll be getting it soon thereafter.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Tahlvin... you absolutely should!

Which reminds me that I've also considered a rusty dragon.

Akiva... I hope you share pictures.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:23 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:09 pm

I'm a proud pure skin!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:27 am

Thanks to Mike for helping me figure out how to post the picture.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:07 pm

This one is yours? So detailed, all the shading!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:10 am

I particularly like the Quix rabbit ears.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:12 am

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:14 am

Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Talk”