Disney+

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Disney+

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:20 am

I'm ambivalent about Disney+, but it turns out that since I have Verizon Unlimited, I get my first year of Disney+ free. Sweet. Took about 30 seconds, and now I have it. Nothing there I'm excited about watching yet, but I've got 12 free months to figure it out.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Disney+

Postby akiva » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:03 am

I’m in the exact same boat.
Reel on a repeating loop
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby buckett » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:16 am

Make sure to watch Mr. Boogedy to trick Disney into remaking it. Just put it on mute in the background.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:57 am

I've cancelled my membership after five days. I'm not paying a subscription to see the Mandalorian and some Marvel shows (at some point). I'll just wait and binge it all in a couple months.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:02 am

Yup. If I was paying for it, I'd be done by now.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:40 pm

My friend gave me his log in and I've watched Mandlorion, Black Cauldron(first time watch) and now just a bunch of Simpsons starting from season 3. I browsed the entire movie library fro A-Z and I was kind of shocked at how LITTLE Fox films made the list, I know its a NO RATED R zone but still, they must be ready to piecemeal the 20th century fox library bit by bit.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:16 pm

I don't know what's wrong with all of you. I've been watching tons of 90's Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons with my kids, and we will eventually move onto Iron Man and the Fantastic Four. We're rewatched Captain Marvel and Wreck-It Ralph. I've finally seen an episode of Gargoyles, which is one of my wife's favorite cartoons. But I'm also a much bigger Disney fan than all of you as well.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:21 am

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:51 pm

I mean I DID watch those toons when I was a kid(maybe a tad to old to catch Gargoyle fever) but don't feel a pressing need to revisit them or force the kiddos to watch them(right now they are content in a endless HEY ARNOLD loop) and the 11 year old is all about youtubers, not about to go yo check out 90s Spider Man.

I've been watching Simpsons tho so I do GET IT, just for me personally the super hero toons aren't my speed, may the light of Allah shine on your family during these binge watching times tho.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:31 pm

For me right now, Disney+ is The Mandalorian and a chance to rewatch a bunch of movies that I saw in the theater and loved. I see virtually every Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars film in theaters and a sizable portion of the rest of Disney's fare. Getting to rewatch them is a cool option, but I never took advantage of it much when the films were on Netflix, so...

But I have 12 months free. By this time next year, they'll have a bunch of Marvel and Star Wars shows, and maybe the Disney Marvel TV-verse will capture my imagination. She Hulk? Moon Knight? Ms. Marvel? What If?? I have high hopes.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:17 am

By "Verizon Unlimited" do you mean a TV package or a mobile phone package?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:00 am

Phone.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:43 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:36 pm

Nice!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:15 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:48 pm

So all the non R rated XMEN Films hit this month which is fun, haven't re-visited those in a long time. STILL waiting for some cool FOX library films to quietly get released for those of us who enjoy more eclectic viewing
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:19 am

Is it true that this Disney plus is the only way people can access baby Yoda? WTF. Whoever came up with that is a genius. The whole world, and I mean of all ages and types, is aglow over it.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:01 pm

BABY YODA is a great example of something that can be CUTE and also be mysterious and a way to move the plot. Look at PORGS for the exact opposite of this.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:47 am

True, the entire point of those other little things seems to be to sell a stuffed animal. Baby Yoda is a genius concept though, like echoes of baby Jesus at Christmas time things... A tiny peaceful creature? It's lucky we don't live in the Middle ages in the west because I would probably be executed for suggesting this parallel. Or really a lot of other times. But think about it, there he is in his modest little brown swaddling, adorable big eyes and ears, bringing hope for peace.

Return to “Nerd Talk”