Bad Feminist

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bad Feminist

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:37 pm

And now Matt Lauer and Garrison Keillor are both fired for inappropriate behavior.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Well I hope his efforts were at least above-average.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:51 pm

Keillor is telling a version of the story that is SO mild that he is obviously lying. His tale is so transparently innocent that there is no way to imagine how some version of it leads to them firing him, pulling his show, pulling his reruns, and renaming Prairie Home Companion for its new host. Either he's left out immense portions of the story or else everyone at Minnesota Public Radio are unapologetic monsters.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:57 pm

I haven't even heard the story. I just don't have the energy to look it up and see what that's all about.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:00 am

Alleged inappropriate sexual conduct in the workplace?

No. Every time they say his name, it needs to be "Alleged rapist Matt Lauer." That is what he is accused of.

I'll even accept, "Matt Lauer, accused of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and rape..." Maybe "Matt Lauer, who is accused of decades of abusing his power, including charges of rape..."

Seriously. "Sexual misconduct" is a gross mischaracterization.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:43 am

I would like to hear more about the door locking thing he did when he supposedly locked the door of his office from his desk. I don't see how this could be accomplished. Let alone how could it have been done without the knowledge of the management. I don't see Lauer as a DIY guru.

IF he did it I would like to see false imprisonment charges as well.

On a similar note, Pelosi finally smelled the coffee and wants to deal with Conyers. I am glad she came 'round and should Moore get into office I will anxiously await the disciplinary actions of McConnell...
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Even after that DEVASTATING variety piece I'm honestly impressed by the SIZE Of Matthews balls as he asks for 30m severance. That dude must have a half dozen other names that he knows is going three knuckles deep with random strange
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:27 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:37 am

Good, we have to take the scraps where we can find them these days. Speaking of which, I take some reassurance in the fact that I always recoiled from Matt Lauer and recognized his whiff of weaselly predation. So at least something was going right, after the Al Franken = nice grandpa feeling.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:10 am

Supposedly, CNN and the Washington Post are working on stories to expose 20-30 Congressional members for sexual harassment, from both parties. So there's gotta be some worried folks in DC right about now, and shit ain't close to being over yet.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:39 am

Pretty incredible that we are paying the settlement. Blake Farenthold is likely next to go, after Trent Franks. Speaking of Trent, the stories released seemed... incomplete.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:43 am

El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:48 am

Yeah, that had to be a discussion more along the lines of "You'd make a great surrogate for me." Because it makes no sense otherwise. Unless he started doing blow-by-blow descriptions about birthing hips.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm just picturing him kind of casually playing with his tie, maybe shuffling his feet a bit saying stuff like "listen Diane you're a great member of the team but have you considered letting me use your womb?"
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:05 pm

A few other reports have talked about offers of 5 million to staffers to be a surrogate. Which...yeah.

That amount seems really over and above the little bit I know from 2 friends who dealt with surrogacy.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:08 pm

Is it too late for me to check my calendar? Haha, just kidding. Once someone tried to buy my eggs. No idea why that amuses and disturbs me so much.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:45 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 am

Old news.

Return to “Nerd Talk”