Bad Feminist

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bad Feminist

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:17 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:45 pm

now this dude is a walking personification of meto. Remand him to the tower and God have mercy on his soul.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/02/andy-dick ... e-battery/
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:24 pm

I thought we had the full dossier on this guy's boorish and violent behavior in about 1992. How did he get back into public life?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:04 pm

How did this thread ever die? From what I hear from mime, there's LOTS of people who are hypocrites.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:17 am

I was trying to be a good feminist for a while, but I cannot because things like this happen: Black man accused of insinuating something he didn't insinuate - why aren't we instead saying the host is racist for assuming that repeating her own words back to her is twisted in some sexual manner? Come on people, this trivia diminishes the real. Some people will always be hostile to any assertion of women's dignity, but others aren't inherently hostile and are persuaded to reject what they imagine is "feminism" when nonsense like this happens:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/media/la ... index.html
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:07 am

Is that why you are rejecting feminism?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:57 am

That's why I'm bad at contemporary feminism. I would rather say "today's feminists are rejecting MY feminism" - like, I'm not rejecting feminism, I'm just on another planet with better feminism.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:45 am

Heyyy I thought I posted about this earlier, but anyway it belongs with the bad feminist stuff. I would like to know two things. One is, why it is assumed that a person is negative about sex or sex workers if they don't think that all sex work is wonderful and empowering and liberating? Most work isn't empowering and liberating; work that causes significant impact on a person's physical body tends to be among the least empowering and liberating work there is. So why is sex work different? Why are feminists supposed to love it?

The second thing is, why would anybody advocate that a person be prevented from speaking publicly and even lose their job for voicing sentiments like those above? Get a grip. I don't agree with everything radical feminists have to say, but it is popular sentiment on the left now that radical feminists are right wing extremists, and that is lunacy. Like, I know many radical feminists. They are serious, committed leftists. I'm at a loss, like... We have actual neonazis running amok, and people are worried about the "violence" done by 70 year old ladies in garden clogs who want to end all war, promote breastfeeding, give everyone free everything, lay down their bodies to ensure that abused 13 year olds have access to reproductive care, and drive electric cars and eat only plants. Yeah, this is the threat that needs immediate Silencing!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:40 pm

Oh excuse me, J K Rowling is also evil now, because she followed like seven radical UK feminists on Twitter. Yes, this too is Violence. Telling people who they should desire sexually unless they are Bigots, however? Not a problem at all, in case you were wondering.

Here's what upsets me about this. Sheer flipping lunacy like this spurs a backlash, and the people hurt by it for real are kids who get harassed for just trying to live their lives. These views are so totally out there, so hopelessly wrong, that the only thing they're going to accomplish is this backlash.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:23 pm

"Women who call out Tarantino while happily doing press tours with Michael Fassbender" is a very strange club.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/olivi ... 202155195/
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:11 pm

ladies NEVER date a sheriff from a small town in the 80s. chances are he has toxic traits

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/evan- ... 202156151/
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:52 am

This is the problem with the progressive gender ideology. Once upon a time we realized that both sex and gender were real, interconnected but not necessarily linked (thus, transgender identity is real, and intersex identity is real, and they are different even if overlapping in some individual cases), and functioned as modes of oppression. You can be harmed based on your gender, and harmed based on your sex, and often both at once! But then people decided the only axis that mattered was Gender, which is nonsense, but nobody can discuss what nonsense it is because if you do, the progressives will brand you a nazi and the transphobes and actual nazis will be pleased to have what they falsely imagine to be support. So the whole situation is a mess, and enter this creepy turd of a person described in the link, who is single-handedly striving to undermine transgender rights and equality by consistently being a creepy turd. Meanwhile, innocent kids in the US are being confronted by abusive, twisted school officials who want them to disrobe to "prove" bathroom access rights, and do nothing about pervasive bullying of trans kids. So, yes, please do point out the sexist violence involved in persecuting vulnerable immigrant women by trying to get them to fondle your genitals against their will, but please don't give the time of the day to the truly hate-filled people trying to use this pervert's case to attack transgender rights in general, which is definitely the reason this case makes international news for years now.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Kind of seems quaint that we once got mad at Tiger Woods for having consensual sex with adult women
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:35 pm

I can only read the first 4 paragraphs, otherwise I need a subscription or do their free trial thing. Not worth it

Sum up the funny for me.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:06 pm

Just a dude transitioning into being a female absolutely destroying all women records in cycling. Absolutely laughable state of affairs,
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:07 pm

I have trans friends, hung out with couple in LA recently, and I'm 100 percent behind using pro-nouns that someone identifies with, but sports...just a whole different deal
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:55 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:06 pm

Because its essentially a dude, using all the advantages that comes with that, kicking WOMENS ass up and down the block for drill. Also just open the article up in incognito window duh ;-)

Return to “Nerd Talk”