GODBALL!!

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

GODBALL!!

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:55 am

Come on, you're in social isolation... jump in and play some Godball!

Last night's playtest was sooooo good! Seriously, we're streamlined so much and it feels great. For those of you who have played before, here's the basics:

On your turn, you get 3 points to spend on actions. Actions include: Run, Push other heroes, Snag the ball, Throw the ball, Force a fumble. You could run three times. You could snag the ball, then run and throw. Whatever! Plus, you still get one awesome god power (one card) each turn. And now you also have a reaction pool that allows you to take any of your five standard actions in reaction to someone else. But you only get a small handful of reactions throughout the game, so use them wisely!

And that's it! Sure, there's some extra details and stuff for what to do when mountains fall on you or when a tidal wave carries the ball away, but that's all minor.

Anyway... we use Tabletop Simulator to play, and we're doing all of our plotting and planning on Discord: https://discord.gg/Vfz4c6d

So join us! I'll try to remember to post a heads up on these boards whenever we have playtests scheduled. People can play along or just watch or whatever.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GODBALL!!

Postby Eliahad » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:36 pm

You can also just come over and hang out and chat. We get a little nuts...sometimes. Not that often actually.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:18 pm

60 percent streamlined compared to the last time. 80 percent reduction in dead time! Now is the awesome time to playtest and see how far we have come!
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Tabletop Simulator is currently 50% off on Steam, or 9.99 for the rest of the weekend. Which is only a few hours, I realize. I'm sorry I didn't notice this until just now.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “Nerd Talk”