Graphic Novels

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Graphic Novels

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:54 pm

I forgot...

Scott Pilgrim

One of my absolute favorites. It's six books, and as much as I love the movie (and I do love the movie), the graphic novel is better. The art style is very simple and cartoony compared to most graphic novels I enjoy, but it works well. The metaphor that drives the movie is drawn out in the books over months of time, allowing us to follow the developing relationship in more depth and over a more realistic time scale. It's really wonderful.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: Graphic Novels

Postby poorpete » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:26 pm

Jinx

One of them classic pre-DC pre-Marvel Brian Michael Bendis noir comics. Great stuff, clearly showing off his top-notch dialogue and creative layouts. The wikipedia article says Charlize Theron optioned the script sixteen years ago. I hope she still plans on doing it, feels totally within her current wheelhouse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinx_(Image_Comics)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Nerd Talk”